• May 09, 2024, 12:38:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MARS Motor Group Buy - $440 each if we buy 5 motors  (Read 5585 times)

Gregski

• View Profile
MARS Motor Group Buy - $440 each if we buy 5 motors
« on: May 19, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »

Hi, I am trying to put together a group buy for a MARS ME0709 DC motor. A group buy is where a bunch of people pitch in to buy an item at a quantity discount. I don't think we need to be in the same geogrophical location as the items will be shipped to you.

I will be contacting half a dozen suppliers or so trying to find us the best deal. These motors sell for approximately $500 bucks plus shipping. I hope to make the purchase sometime in June. Please contact me and let me know if you are interested.

MUSZYNGR AT YAHOO DOT COM

m u s z y n g r @ y a h o o . c o m

Product Description

The ME0709 is a Brush-type Permanent Magnet DC motor. Light weight, high efficiency design. Designed for 24-72 VDC battery operated equipment. Capable of 300 amps peak and 125 amps continuous. Totally open, fan cooled motor. Motor weight of 36 pounds. Similar in performance to the Perm-132 and the Lemco LEM-200 motors.

ME0709 DC Motor

~ Greg
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:02:42 PM by Gregski »

picasso

• View Profile
Re: MARS Motor Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:23:37 AM »

Should include a mounting plate with motor. I have not seen any offered on any of the part sites.

Gregski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

I believe this motor has four holes in the front (and possibly the back) for mounting, so there is no plate required, you just make your own bracket to fit the frame of the motorcycle you are mounting it to.  I have seen builders sandwish this motor between two vertical square metal plates, one in the front with a hole for the shaft and one in the back.

http://www.evdrives.com/images/Motors/ME0709/L-ME0709_Front.JPG

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »

You cant just mount the motor on the frame and put the chain on. You will always need to adj. the slack. Zero machines the motor. But other ways to do it. FYI the dealer price on the ME0708 is around $325 not sure what it is on the 0709 But Id love to know your price when you find a dealer to work with. Your best bet is just to go direct to MARS.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:49:28 AM by picasso »

Gregski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »

On the last seven motorcycles that I've owned I have always adjusted the slack in the chain by moving the rear wheel back in the swing arm.  I don't see how a fixed electric motor is any different in that sense compared to a fixed combustion engine.  You adjust the slack by moving the rear wheel not the motor.  We are talking about a motorcycle conversion here right?

Bogan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »

thats what i thought as well, maybe on some electric bikes you move the motor instead? and the wheel is the fxed point, would mean there would be no change in the suspension geometry, but i doubt 50mm would make too much difference anyway

Gregski

• View Profile
$440 each if we buy 5 of them
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »

EV Drives is able to go $440 each if we buy 5 motors from them.  They are in Oregon so there's no sales tax.  Your shipping would be additional.  Please let me know if you are interested.

m u s z y n g r @ y a h o o . c o m

Gregski

• View Profile
Shipping from Washington 98368
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 11:29:18 AM »

The motors are in a warehouse in WA 98368 and they ship them by UPS Ground. The weight is 38 lbs.  To ship mine to Sacramento, CA is $25 bucks.

Please contact me if you are interested, this is looking like a good deal.  I am also hearing confirmation that this indeed is a good motor from those who have installed it.

Gregski

• View Profile
June 10th Deadline
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »

I would like to place the order on June 10th, we still need a couple more people, please contact me ASAP if you are in: muszyngr @ yahoo dot com
Pages: [1]