• May 05, 2024, 07:40:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: SR/F complaints  (Read 5801 times)

Jarrett

• View Profile
Re: SR/F complaints
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that they have fended off being purchased a few times already. 

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2019, 03:54:35 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that they have fended off being purchased a few times already.

I can't recall reading that before.  If that is the case, I wonder why?  Probably because the investors feel that the price was too low and the brand still has a bright future.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2019, 04:04:54 AM »

I recall that Zero seemed pretty offended when HD bought Alta Motors instead of them. Didn't work out too well for Alta, but I sure didn't get the impression Zero didn't want to be bought by a big player -- quite the opposite impression, in fact. Unless things have changed, I think they're definitely available for the right price.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2019, 04:37:58 AM »

I recall that Zero seemed pretty offended when HD bought Alta Motors instead of them. Didn't work out too well for Alta, but I sure didn't get the impression Zero didn't want to be bought by a big player -- quite the opposite impression, in fact. Unless things have changed, I think they're definitely available for the right price.

Well, everything is available for the right price.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

bergercurtis

• Motorcycle junkie, new to EV
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2019, 02:07:12 AM »

Didn't BRP buy Alta, not Harley?
-Curtis
2020 Zero SR/F Premium Seabright Blue
Licensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2019, 03:44:18 AM »

Didn't BRP buy Alta, not Harley?

H-D didn't buy Alta, but they did invest in it.  However a few months later they withdrew their funding which meant that the factory ran out of money and had to shut down.  I believe some other company (BRP?) bought their remaining assets.   ???

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2019, 04:04:18 AM »

Alta didn't have anything worth buying. Neither does Zero unless you want to take over the brand. Conventional manufacturers are just waiting until the batteries are cheap and high capacity and then in all likelihood Zero is going to get fucking wiped out since their business is clearly not well led.

valnar

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »

I hope Zero turns around their management.  I'd like them to build on that brand name.  I have no idea what havoc an established company would do to them. That being said, if it had to be somebody, please let be one of the big Japanese four.  Their QC and attention to reliability would be an asset.
Zero FXS 2020
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]