• May 05, 2024, 01:27:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Yamaha FZ S conversion (150 cc)  (Read 1559 times)

Akash Pardasani

• View Profile
Yamaha FZ S conversion (150 cc)
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:28:01 PM »

Hi Everyone,

For a while, I have been thinking about giving a shot at converting my Yamaha FZ S and finally with all budget issues sorted, I am all set. Now while I am at it, I decided to further amp up its performance. So I did some quick calculations to choose the most ideal motor for my use case (considering cost and motor specs) to achieve the desired performance:

1. Top speed of 110 kmph (~ 70 mph)
2. 0-80 kmph (0-50 mph) in about 5 seconds

My calculations for a 4:1 gear ratio and 17" rear wheel suggest a motor with instant torque of 60 Nm (~ 45 ft-lb) and a peak loaded RPM of about 5300. After digging up a little, I found ME1115 to have a similar performance (although I would have to further lower the gear ratio and maybe compromise a bit on the acceleration side).

Hoping that I have not messed up with my calculations, I wanted to get some opinions on the motor selection before I go ahead and order it. Also, I wasn't able to spot much differences between the performance specs of ME1115 and ME1306 (replacement for obsolete ME0913) and therefore I was confused about choosing between the two. Is there a difference between the type of controllers they use? If so, I would like to go for the cheaper option (motor + controller) and therefore information on this would greatly help.

Any other suggestions or advises are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance,
Akash

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: Yamaha FZ S conversion (150 cc)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »

This may not be as easy to accomplish but seems fun

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-honda-grom-zero-electric

Velric

• View Profile
Re: Yamaha FZ S conversion (150 cc)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »

@Akash Pardasani mate Im on a similar bote as you are, trying to converting a Honda crf450r to electric, but there are so many options out there that im not sure what is the best motor/controller. Im bewteen GoldenMotor HPM-10KW or ME1507 20 kW - 55 kW for the motor and on the controller side Sevcon Gen4Size6  or Accelerated Systems BAC 8000. did you came to a desicion? if you did what help?
Pages: [1]