• May 04, 2024, 07:28:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Front brake lever  (Read 2636 times)

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: Front brake lever
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »

You could replace the master cylinder with one from a Suzuki DRZ400SM. It's got the right piston dia., banjo bolt location, mirror mount threads and since the SM is street legal has a brake light switch. Then you have a wide variety of different levers which are readily available and much cheaper. There are some pattern master cylinders on eBay for around $30 usd, might be OK but front braking isn't where I'm going to cut costs! Got one on order from Suzuki, thanks for hooking me up CS! I'll post some pics once I get it installed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:49:06 AM by Say10 15FX 16FXS »

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:02 AM »

Unofficial repair guide with pictures: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Front_brake_lever
Thanks for the great help here.

My lever, however, came disassembled. I guess (aka I hope) I understand howto assemble it back, if there weren't the very small part, which I do not know where it belongs.

Anyone can shed some light on this?
Hello, the frontlever is arrived today.😃😃
Unofficial repair guide with pictures: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Front_brake_lever

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

OK, identified what the small part is: It is a small screw to fasten the piston its position, to enable it to be prolonged or shortened, so that the length fits. It's working now.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »

OK, identified what the small part is: It is a small screw to fasten the piston its position, to enable it to be prolonged or shortened, so that the length fits. It's working now.
Please do add to the Unofficial manual if you want to show how to assemble / disassemble the brake lever down to its components.  The Unofficial manual wiki is easy (and free) to register for, and adding pictures is easy to do directly on the site.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

Done.

Please consider, I am not a native English speaker and I am especially lacking all the terminology for the material used. Therefore, please feel free to correct, where necessary.
Pages: 1 [2]