• May 19, 2024, 02:37:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Call me Worthless and Weak but....  (Read 1599 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Call me Worthless and Weak but....
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 02:13:50 AM »

The only thing I can think of is maybe the front holder is too tight and its squeezing the tire, if I get a wider one but then that'd reduce the stability and tightness of holding the bike steady.
anyways

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 02:21:35 AM »

That chock looks fine.  Reverse should absolutely pull you free of it.  You may have to go to "Full Throttle" reverse to get it to move initially, but have no fear, you will have plenty of time to react and release the throttle.

Practice it a few times.

The bike has more than enough in reverse to get you out of that chock.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 02:23:21 AM »

Maybe lube up the pins and mating surfaces of the stand?  I have a Baxley, and it never slides when pulling back out of it.  I've had it slide forward 1" if I go in aggressively and hit the brake.  The action is super smooth on it though and it's much heavier than that one above.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 02:24:23 AM »

I am at full throttle, the bike is hunkering down but not breaking free until I rock it really hard, then it comes up on the flip over and comes off.  Ive been practicing and am getting good at it, but still Id expect a bit more torque in Reverse than it has.  Forward has plenty of power to walk it up a ramp but reverse, not so much power it seems.

The stand is plenty free, there is nothing tight or binding on it,

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 03:21:10 AM »

I am at full throttle, the bike is hunkering down but not breaking free until I rock it really hard, then it comes up on the flip over and comes off.  Ive been practicing and am getting good at it, but still Id expect a bit more torque in Reverse than it has.  Forward has plenty of power to walk it up a ramp but reverse, not so much power it seems.

The stand is plenty free, there is nothing tight or binding on it,

Aaron

In that case, perhaps it is time to buy yourself a Baxely.   Perhaps it is engineered differently from your unit that makes it easier to use.

https://baxleycompanies.com/products/sport-chock?variant=39329523663022

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 04:06:31 AM »

Slightly off topic but...does anyone have a burning desire to actually RIDE backwards?  There's a kids' playground near me that has huge rubber mats...and grass...

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 04:20:49 AM »

For basic chain/wheel maintenance and stuff with the rear end a center stand, in my experience, is the gold standard. While I wait for the supply chain gods to shine favor upon me, I got a SnapJack. it's a portable little thing that props the rear of the bike up by levering it against the kickstand. Fine for cleaning and lubing the chain. I wouldnt use it if your really cranking on something or if your going to remove the wheel, but to hit that chain with some WD40 and a grunge brush it's super easy.

You kind of press it with your foot while lifting on the tail.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Grauteufel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 10:55:38 AM »

Slightly off topic but...does anyone have a burning desire to actually RIDE backwards?  There's a kids' playground near me that has huge rubber mats...and grass...

I've done it for about 100m or so on the wife's CE04 at 6km/h just to try (will often do 5-10m). Steering inputs for balance are the hardest part, but there's a video of someone who made a bicycle with reverse steering and it would be the same principal...i think

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 11:06:12 AM »

That's like those glasses that you can get that make everything you see upside down.  It takes about a day but your brain will turn the picture back the proper side up again.  But then if you take the glasses off and are looking normally, now everything is upside down again!  your brain has to re learn up and down and perspective.

With that, I wonder how much more or less difficult it would be to undo that, or switch that up / down aspect if one was born in outer space or a gravity free environment where up and down really are much more arbitrary.

Food for Thought
Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2024, 10:44:38 PM »

I have extremely difficult to correct astigmatism plus sometimes I need mild prism correction.  Each new set of glasses makes me dizzy for a day or two.  But then when I take them off, or use an old pair, the problem doesn't return.  My brain gets wired for each state, I suppose.  It can be weird to ride a motorcycle as my depth percept is boned, things take a curvature, and if I look down the ground looks far away.

Hot tip:  DO NOT go do a black diamond trail on your mountain bike just hours after getting your new glasses. 

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2024, 02:02:58 AM »

plus sometimes I need mild prism correction. 

I'm in my office cackling like a hyena because I was just skimming this and had to do a double take. I read it as your glasses were giving you a mild priapism.

;D

Maybe I need new glasses
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2024, 03:34:54 AM »

"If your erection lasts more than four hours, call your doctor."

That's always made me wonder how they know my doctor is pretty damn hot?

The other day I called in sick with rectal myopia.  Couldn't see my ass coming to work.

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2024, 05:09:40 AM »

The only thing I can think of is maybe the front holder is too tight and its squeezing the tire, if I get a wider one but then that'd reduce the stability and tightness of holding the bike steady.
anyways

The smooth and soft (powder coat) surface on the front part of the chock is gripping onto the front tire. Brands like Condor solve this by applying a textured finish to the surface, this prevents the tire from gluing it's self to the chock.
As a quick fix just tape a paper towel so it sits between the tire and the chock, should release easily. As a more permanent fix they make adhesive backed tape with a textured surface normally used on outdoor stairs.
If you can secure the chock so it can not move that will also help a ton. If you can't affix it to the ground bolting it to a 2'x3' piece of plywood will give the chock a much larger footprint.

Getting a bike on a rear stand solo is something that gets easier with practice. Always make sure the kickstand is fully extended and the bars are turned to the left as far as they will go. This ensures that if you loose control when lifting or lowering the bike will tend to fall to the left and onto the kickstand. Until you have the technique down I would strongly suggest you have someone support the bike or use a wheel chock.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2024, 05:29:28 AM »

I've left the bike in the chock for two weeks at a time and the tire was never stuck to the shiny powder coat.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2024, 01:46:16 PM »

Thanks Demoni,  I'll give the paper towel thing a try see if that works.   I've got the hang of it now ,a bit of practice solved the issue but still was surprised how difficult it was getting the bike up and off the chock.  Me being a short shit, doesn't help a ton, when the bike lifts and you are backing it out on your tippy toes, and trying to walk it back when it finally does flip and the bike wants to lurch backwards and you are playing with the foot pegs, trying to keep a good foothold on the ground and walking it back.

Speaking of jacks though to lift the entire bike up, where would you jack point it at, there does not seem to be a lot of area that is acceptable to put a jack on on the RIbelle and I don't think it'd be a good idea to jack it by the battery pack.  Ive seen jacks that are more like lifting bars that you snake thru, but a general, flat plate heft the bike up jack doesn't seem like it's be an easy fit.

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2] 3