• May 05, 2024, 09:57:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Accessories for Zero FXS: Advice, regrets?  (Read 5659 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: Accessories for Zero FXS: Advice, regrets?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »

Just realize that the polyurethane of the skateboard wheels wears down really really fast, compared to the nylon and delrin sliders.  Also, you can get cheap sliders on ebay if you're willing to wait for shipping.

Skateboard wheels look the part, but go read a few threads on SupermotoJunkie.com about actual crashes with them. Unless you're going slow, they are not the same protection.

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 08:45:17 PM »

ya, i understand that but honestly if it goes down i will just be replacing the wheel(s) that get damaged. at $5 a wheel i can afford that.

couldn't find the white graphics but blue isn't bad. threaded rod comes in 2ft. lengths and i hoped i would be able to make both front and back with one. after making the front i ended up about an inch short of what i need for the back. i will go buy another rod today and get the back assembled, then post my cut lengths for anyone who is interested.

price should still come in under $35.

laters,

laramie  ;)

ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »

Also put on the valve caps from this kit made by Factory FX.

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 03:27:40 AM »

can't believe i forgot the footpegs. always been a big fan of fastway's but these new pro taper's are nice.

ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 05:49:41 PM »

The aggressive foot pegs are VERY aggressive! I slipped while working on bike and blew my knuckle apart on them. Re dyed one of my red shop rags though. I also ground the rear corner teeth off the left side with a Dremel tool. As the peg folds up it seemed they would make contact with the frame in a tip over.

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 11:03:28 PM »

finally getting around to my tank bag. i wanted a little space but didn't need much. found a first gear mini-tank bag that i was able to modify to fit. i'm very happy with it. large enough to hold more than i need, but small enough it stays out of the way of the rider and instrument cluster view. one attached to the bike, the bag can be removed by unzipping, then the bag can go with you leaving the base behind on the bike.

the modifications were also simple. i removed some stupid pocketing stuff they had inside the bags by cutting out stitching. i  then cut and re-sewed the 3 straps to the proper length and configuration. the front strap now has 2 clips, one is solid, the other adjustable. the 2 side straps were sewn to the center clip, then routed down around, and behind. about 20 mins of work assuming you have a sewing machine.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC
Pages: 1 [2]