• May 05, 2024, 11:55:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero S acceleration  (Read 3464 times)

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
Re: Zero S acceleration
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »

From a Cycleworld.com review of the Zero S:
The Zero really impresses when you whack the “throttle” (rheostat?) open between 30 and 60 mph. In fact, the S's roll-on acceleration times are amazing: 40–60 mph takes just 1.94 sec. and 60–80 only 2.68. That's better than a Suzuki Hayabusa's top-gear roll-on time, main difference being that the 'Busa will keep pulling sixth all the way to its electronically limited top speed of 186 mph
The other difference is that all the 'busa has to do is downshift and the S is toast.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

SRich

• View Profile
Re: Zero S acceleration
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »

I agree with dkw12002. I think it is easier to ride a Zero bike faster than a ICE bike.  You just twist and go.  The Zero may not ultimately be as fast as other ICE bikes but the power is very easily accessible, and that is what makes the difference.  You also don't call attention to yourself on the Zero the way you do on an ICE bike at full throttle. So you can peg the throttle and it doesn't matter, people don't seem to care because you are not making the noise of going fast. It seems strange but it is true. You realize you can get away with riding faster,  so you do.  It can be liberating. Maybe too much so.  I'm not promoting that you ride faster if you ride electric.  It just naturally seems to happen,  because it's so easy to do when the power is on tap instantly and  you don't have that audible cue of an ICE engine telling you or others how fast you are going.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:56:16 AM by SRich »
Pages: 1 [2]