• May 15, 2024, 08:08:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2020 SR/F Performance Issues  (Read 1457 times)

gadgetgirl

• View Profile
Re: 2020 SR/F Performance Issues
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2023, 08:12:28 PM »

I'm waiting to get my bike in July 18 as their first available day. Further nutty behavior for my bike is that I tried charging it to a charge target of 80% on Friday. At "88%" I unplugged it. The next time I turned it on to ride it (on Sunday), the SoC showed 38%. This blows. I hope I don't run into any warranty issues from Zero, and I'm encouraged that you all seem to be having a decent experience with warranty repairs.
Current: 2020 SR/F Premium Seabright Blue (J1772)
Former: 2011 VRSCDX Sedona Orange

Jimnb11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2023, 05:54:34 AM »

Cities Edge called and said the bike should be ready tomorrow. They had a question concerning the front brake light switch recall. Told them Heinen Motorsports did it last year. They told me it wasn't cleared through Zero and if they needed to do it, they wouldn't release the bike to me until they could get the part in. Called Heinen and they remembered changing the switch but not notifying Zero. Cities Edge verified the switch was changed by examining it and Zero was notified. Just one more reason why Heinen Motorsports drives me insane.

Jimnb11

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2023, 05:15:59 AM »

The end is in sight. After resolving a number of issues with the MBB interfacing with the power pack, everything looks good except Zero wants them to charge the pack to 100% then take it for a test ride. I suspect they are only using level 1 charging so it won't be ready until tomorrow morning. Confirmed the battery capacity is the same 14.4KW, but it's using a different configuration.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2023, 04:14:58 PM »

The end is in sight. After resolving a number of issues with the MBB interfacing with the power pack, everything looks good except Zero wants them to charge the pack to 100% then take it for a test ride. I suspect they are only using level 1 charging so it won't be ready until tomorrow morning. Confirmed the battery capacity is the same 14.4KW, but it's using a different configuration.

I'm picking up mine this morning as well (2019 SR/F).  Same story, it would have been ready last Saturday (before the holiday), but they could not get hold of Zero to re-flash the MBB.  Looking forward to riding it home!  FYI, it was 100% covered under the battery warrantee.

Update: Rode the bike home around 60 miles highway (100% charged) @65MPH and arrived home with 30% left.  I'm happy.  Looks like a new bike with all the battery plastics replaced.  It was warm out as well and everything stayed cool.  Plugged right in at 6KW when I got home and no problems charging up.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:32:32 PM by stevenh »
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2023, 03:39:19 AM »

Good to hear you finally got all that resolved.  Hopefully it does not give you any more trouble in this regard.

Aaron

Jimnb11

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2023, 07:24:52 PM »

Picked up the SR/F yesterday. The tech said the cost of the parts exceeded $8000, $5000 for the power pack. Glad everything was under warranty. The bike rides great. Took it on a short trip through some twisties and had a ball. The tech also said even though the battery was labeled 14.4 KW, he said he unlocked a feature applicable to the 2022 models and gave me 20% more range. Nice to know. Range indicated 111 miles after I rode for 17 miles. Hope everyone else has a positive experience with getting their bike repaired.
Pages: 1 [2]