• May 07, 2024, 11:42:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Custom Eltek Quad charger 8500W  (Read 3824 times)

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Custom Eltek Quad charger 8500W
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 01:35:54 PM »

They can accept DC iirc, but it isn't worth the cost and added volume and weight. If you're touring there are plenty enough of +11kW stations to plan your trip around and if you're using it for destination charging charging during a meeting or something the added time shouldn't matter.

Even in the worst case scenario at 11kW you can do a quick 5-10 minute top up and you have more than enough juice to make it to a 22kW station.

nedfunnell

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »

They can accept DC iirc, but it isn't worth the cost and added volume and weight. If you're touring there are plenty enough of +11kW stations to plan your trip around and if you're using it for destination charging charging during a meeting or something the added time shouldn't matter.

Even in the worst case scenario at 11kW you can do a quick 5-10 minute top up and you have more than enough juice to make it to a 22kW station.

I wish we had that kind of network where I live! I installed a public station in my town with a state grant, and it's the only public charging station within 65miles (100+km)! Being creative with charging points is part of life for me here.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 10:16:59 PM »

> ... Even in the worst case scenario at 11kW you can do a quick 5-10 minute top up and you have more than enough juice to make it to a 22kW station.

Must be nice : - )

Most of the stations around here are 6.6 kW.  You have to find places where *two* stations are available to get even my max 10kW

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »

I wish we had that kind of network where I live! I installed a public station in my town with a state grant, and it's the only public charging station within 65miles (100+km)! Being creative with charging points is part of life for me here.
Yes the population is a bit denser here so that also helps, stations have been popping up here since 2010-ish, with the help of PHEV's. Most companies have a few stations for the lease cars of their employees.

For the rest, keeping out an eye for grants also helps a lot. A lot of local governments are happy to put in charging stations, especially when the state/federal budget chips in. What also helps is if you get a feedback form or something from a hotel etc. is to make it clear that you would be more compelled to choose them if they provided charging solutions. For EV's it really is the situation ''build it and they will come.''

> ... Even in the worst case scenario at 11kW you can do a quick 5-10 minute top up and you have more than enough juice to make it to a 22kW station.

Must be nice : - )

Most of the stations around here are 6.6 kW.  You have to find places where *two* stations are available to get even my max 10kW
Our AC power can be higher because 3-phase connections are the norm here.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 01:34:49 AM »

> > Most of the stations around here are 6.6 kW.  You have to find places where *two* stations are available to get even my max 10kW

> Our AC power can be higher because 3-phase connections are the norm here.

Yup, and at double the voltage, each amp gives you more than more than 2X the watts.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: 1 [2]