• May 06, 2024, 05:56:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: help with charging not functioning '15 SR  (Read 3253 times)

oobflyer

• View Profile
Re: help with charging not functioning '15 SR
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:16:12 AM »

My dash is now also displaying error code 48 (SEVCON Startup Disable) intermittently.

I must admit I'm surprised that Zero returned the bike to me today with these error codes still flashing on the dash.

I'm an eternal optimist though - I will take them at their word and ride it for awhile to see if the error codes eventually disappear "on their own".
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

Bullitt5768

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »

I'll join in! I emailed support earlier today. I guess I'll be visiting the dealer soon. My 2015 SR does not start charging when I plug it in. I definitely have power and have even tried another cable and outlet. It behaves as if I haven’t plugged it in. There is no error code displayed on the dash and the BMS status LEDs indicate healthy
I have not tried the reset switch (it still has the protective gel over it.
Cheers!
Jay

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 03:50:40 AM »

If the problem is the same as mine it may start charging after an hour or two.

To fix my bike Zero replaced a BMS board (but that didn't fix it), so they replaced the entire PowerTank, which did seem to fix it.

I've already put about 200 miles on the bike since getting it back last week and it seems to be running fine.  The error codes on the dash that were worrying me (after I got the bike back) turned out to be just a normal part of the boot-up of the system.

I must say, despite the problems I've had with my SR, that Zero has really worked hard to get my bike running perfectly. It's obvious that they want happy satisfied customers - I'm sure they will do whatever it takes to get your bike fixed and back on the road.
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 03:53:59 AM »

Oh and I WILL follow-up here once I find out what the issue is for the benefit of others.

Any updates Ethan?

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »

I'll join in! I emailed support earlier today. I guess I'll be visiting the dealer soon. My 2015 SR does not start charging when I plug it in. I definitely have power and have even tried another cable and outlet. It behaves as if I haven’t plugged it in. There is no error code displayed on the dash and the BMS status LEDs indicate healthy
I have not tried the reset switch (it still has the protective gel over it.
Cheers!
Jay

This is the same problem I had.  The new charger is working fine now.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

ethanh8791

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 03:55:51 AM »

I dropped it off last Saturday and they said it would likely be at least a week before a technician would begin looking at it.

oregonrider89

• Motorcycles: 2017 FX, 2015 SR, 1995 BMW GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »

Crap, I have this problem now. My SR was assembled in April, delivered to my dealer in June.

It has been my experience that Zero is very good about addressing issues and it sounds like a new charger is the cure. That shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I hope to report back soon with the resolution.

I really love the bike...it make me smile and I feel happiness all over.

Update: Called Zero on Tuesday at 0900 and spoke to Manny. Great guy and I really felt like he cared about my problem. My dealer drove 77 miles (one way) to arrive at my house at 1300, same day, to pick up the bike to take it back to the dealership for service. I get chills thinking about how impressed I am with both Zero and Cycle Parts in Eugene, OR. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:07:18 AM by oregonrider89 »

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 07:49:59 PM »

I got my bike back a couple of weeks ago - haven't had any problems since I got it back. I've been charging with 120V at night, and I tried the off-board charging last weekend (posted on Facebook). I think Zero has succeeded in working out all the bugs - and I agree with oregonrider89 - the service was excellent - they came to my work, picked the bike up, and brought it back to my work when  they were done.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 06:12:14 AM »

I'm glad to hear everyone is having great experiences with their dealerships.  It looks like my new charger is working fine so far.  Too bad we've been having crappy weather.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

ethanh8791

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 07:39:46 AM »

Literally the moment I brought my bike in to address this issue the weather turned nice (hot as fballs but not much rain).  >:(

Bullitt5768

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:29 AM »

Just to close the loop on this:
My dealer replaced the charger and all is well again!

Doh! New charger failed just over a week later!!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:05:41 PM by Bullitt5768 »

ethanh8791

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 05:07:29 AM »

Called dealer today because I had not heard anything (dropped off July 18th). Promised a callback by EOD today (didn't happen) and only info they provided was that they had submitted diagnostic information to ZERO which is something I had done prior to dropping off the bike and also something a technician can do in < 30 minutes if you include all other troubleshooting steps (assuming they're talking about submitting the bike logs).  :-\

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »

Seems to be a common theme. Before I sent mine in for repair I'd already set up a case with Zero and provided logs and video of the issue. They were super helpful and responsive. After 5 weeks of following up with the local dealer (ended up in daily phone calls) they managed to finally connect with a Zero tech who remoted in and diagnosed straight away. The bad news was it needed a new MBB (still waiting for this - arrived Friday and hoping for some good news later today). There's other similar reports over the forums.

Currently into month 3 of no bike. Parts, I have no problem waiting for but they need to work with their dealer network to boost their service game. Don't get me wrong, the local guys are nice, there just seems to be severe communication issues between Zero and their dealers or vice versa. Needless to say I'll be getting myself a reaper dongle and renewing membership to the Kustom Kommune.
2014 Zero SR

ethanh8791

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »

So even giving the dealer 1 week they quoted me before my bike would even be looked at it has been 31 BUSINESS days with essentially no news. I have had to call the dealer to get information.....never any updates..."hey this is where we are at with your bike" type of shit. I called them 9 days ago and dealer stated they were updating the ECU & a Zero tech was looking at the bike remotely. I'm getting in touch with Zero now because I have lost my patience.

JasonS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 08:20:15 AM »

Mine (2015 SR w/ Power Tank) has had some squirrely intermittent issues with things like 'Monolith not connected', 'Battery Management System (BMS) Internal Disable', 'Contactor Error', along with some incidents where it didn't charge, or didn't charge fully.  It has left me stranded a few times, and failed to function when at home a few times (i.e., "there, but for the grace of God..." ...Stranded.)  I finally got fed up and traded it in on a Suzuki SV650. 

Wait, no, that's not right.  I didn't trade it in.  Sorry, I just made that part up.

I took it back to AF1 Racing Saturday almost two weeks ago - Brent and ... John? got on the phone with Zero, gave them a bit of an earful, it sounds like, and got some troubleshooting engagement from them.

I got word about Thursday (week ago) that my bike (a 2015) had a 2014 Power Tank installed*, and Zero's just coming to the conclusion that the combination isn't a good one.  Needs to be a 2015 PT on a 2015 model. 

* There was a mix up when AF1 ordered the bike - it was supposed to come from factory with a PT already installed, but it didn't.  AF1 called Zero, and Zero rushed one out to dealer - guess they sent the wrong model.  Or maybe they didn't think it mattered back then.

Personally, I think it sounds a bit sketchy, but a new (2015 PT) one is on order, should arrive any day now.  I guess next weekend (maaaybe this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath) I'll be heading back to Austin to pick it back up.  Hopefully it fixes it.  As for the 2014/2015 incompatibility, all I can think of is that the game they played** of upgrading the specs on the battery is biting them in the vittles. 

** Of course, I don't know that they just slapped a new sticker on the old battery and adjusted a setting in the BMS, but that's the feeling I'm getting.  And if they didn't just slap a new sticker on the same old power tank, they were (intentionally or not) ripping me off by giving me a 2014 PT when I ordered and paid for a 2015 PT.

Anyway, I give my vote of confidence to the AF1 Racing guys - I like them, and feel like they run a good shop.  I just wish they were a little closer.  (Ok, a lot closer.)
2002 BMW R1150RS
2015 Zero SR
Houston TX
Pages: 1 [2]