• May 08, 2024, 10:57:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poll: Should Zero Offer Seat Height Options?  (Read 3230 times)

charlesb

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Should Zero Offer Seat Height Options?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »

If the seat was 1/2 inch higher, I would not have even considered the purchase and this lean company would have lost my $15,000

FLUXCAPACATOR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 05:55:41 AM »

I urge those that have an FX to try the MX seat.  It is made by SDG and is a huge upgrade to the stock bucket seat.  I am a long time dirt rider and the additional padding and height is well worth it.  Start off by calling Hollywood Electrics first.  They had one left over from 2013 that still fits my 2016. If they are out, call SDG and they will make you one.   :D

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »

For me it a 1.
No interest in variable seat height.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 11:46:05 PM »

If the seat was 1/2 inch higher, I would not have even considered the purchase and this lean company would have lost my $15,000

How tall are you?
Whats your riding experience? Are you a new rider?

charlesb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 03:32:30 AM »

5' 8".  This is my 3rd motorcycle, but since I haven't ridden in 35 years I don't consider myself that experienced.  re seat height, once again, consider the fact that these bikes are very expensive for most people and those who have the money to buy them expect to get a comfortable fit without expensive aftermarket products or Jerry-Rigged modifications.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 12:19:14 PM »

5' 8".  This is my 3rd motorcycle, but since I haven't ridden in 35 years I don't consider myself that experienced.  re seat height, once again, consider the fact that these bikes are very expensive for most people and those who have the money to buy them expect to get a comfortable fit without expensive aftermarket products or Jerry-Rigged modifications.

Consider the business case for Zero:

1.  One injection molding tool could easily costUS$ 15,000 if made in Asia.
2.  A manufacture could easily demand a minimum order quantity of 1000 units and if each seat cost $30 to make, that is $30,000.

So Zero just spent $45,000 and they have more than a year worth of "special size" seat.  How many "special size" bikes does Zero have to sell to make bake its investment and how long with that take?

gasdive

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »

I'm on a '14 DS. It's completely fine, never gave it the slightest thought, which is good I suppose. I throw on a sheepskin if I'm intending to ride more than 500 km, but I do that with all bikes. I'm 175cm.
Blogging my Zero DS from day one.
http://zerods.blogspot.com/

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »

Not only is the zero not an expensive motorcycle (its mid-range priced)... almost every expensive motorcycle is heavily farkled with aftermarket products.
Go find a ducati, or bmw adventure bike that isnt covered in farkle... and you'll probably find a rider drooling over parts he doesnt own only because he cant afford them.

Few bikes are left stock by desire.

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 10:12:17 PM »

Charles I couldn't agree more with the things others said here.  No need to be upset that Zero won't make a factory lower seat.  They probably never will.  They did offer a lower seat from 2010-2012, and it was called the Corbin Low.  Made by the Corbin factory for Zero.  Corbin just offered a slightly lower seat with better leg reach for the 2013-2016 bikes in the last 2 months.  Very reasonably priced under $400.  I'm not sure where the confusion on what to do is here. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:14:19 PM by Electric Terry »
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

charlesb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 10:55:44 PM »

to each his own, I have said my peace.  As a successful business owner for 25 years I know what I would do if trying to build and sell a better mousetrap. There is a market for shorter riders who would appreciate the consideration, I would offer the lower seat option and advertise that feature.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:58:22 PM by charlesb »
Pages: 1 [2]