• May 06, 2024, 08:55:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2015 FX: Random cut-offs that need power-cycling, problems with Zero Europe  (Read 1607 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 FX: Random cut-offs that need power-cycling, problems with Zero Europe
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »

P.S
change the display (At the dash) so you will be able to see Error codes and keep watching it while driving..
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen2/Error_Codes
This.  Lots of the error codes are just you pressing switches or connections being made in the internal communication.  Hardware has to know when it's talking and when it's not, because everything is trying to!

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

masek

• View Profile

Late to the party, but I've got exactly the same problem and the same logs.

It happens to me in precise situations: low speed, almost always once, some seconds after I turn on the bike, and apparently when the bike meets a fast change of vertical angle because of some ground steep descent or some concave manhole (!)

Any help or suggestion is HIGHLY appreciated since this can turn out very dangerous.

Zero S 2015

Thank you

I'm having literally the exact same problem (power cuts out, resets itself in a few seconds) under the exact same conditions (always low / walking speed, almost always after change in bike angle) on my 2017 Zero S. I looked at the logs, but didn't find anything super-obvious. @zorida, did you ever find / fix what was causing your issue?

The only thing I can think of is that I installed an (after-market) USB charger, and maybe I pulled some wire too tight / there is some loose connection? But I don't know if that fits with the specific conditions under which this happens.. almost seems like some sort of safety feature that's too sensitive?

masek

• View Profile

the only other remotely related thing I could find when Googling this was the following: https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/eq3o4e/comment/feo5z1e/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I'll try watching for any error codes that might pop up the next time this happens
Pages: 1 [2]