• May 07, 2024, 09:39:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Any news?  (Read 9229 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Any news?
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2019, 03:32:05 AM »

I hear that level 3 charging systems are not all that cheap to install. Since H-D dealers, just like any vehicle retail dealership, are concerned about their bottom line, dealers that feel that their customers would not be interested in the LiveWire are unlikely to spend the money to install one of two of those charging stations if they feel they will not bring in additional business. Plus, since the cost for recharging at those stations is likely to be free to the customer, that is another expense that the dealer has to consider.
They don't have to worry about the expense of it being free to the customer.  I doubt they will have many, if any, customers with the LiveWire.  I could be wrong, but I doubt if many Livewires will be sold @ 30K$.

-Don-  Reno, NV

When it comes to marketing H-D motorcycles, you never know.  ::) But I am not putting any money on H-D being overwhelmed by dealer orders, considering the history of their non-cruiser models. Anything thing that even looks like a sport bike, standard, or ADV motorcycle is going to sell like a dead duck at H-D dealerships.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Any news?
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2019, 03:52:53 AM »

When it comes to marketing H-D motorcycles, you never know.  ::) But I am not putting any money on H-D being overwhelmed by dealer orders, considering the history of their non-cruiser models. Anything thing that even looks like a sport bike, standard, or ADV motorcycle is going to sell like a dead duck at H-D dealerships.  ;)
Yep. When the  Harley new M8 ICE engine was first designed, it had 100% balancing. Harley decided it was way too smooth and went with 75% balancing so their "riders would know they are on a motorcycle".

See here.

" When an engine with complete vibration cancellation was tested, riders rejected it;"

I think they mean "Harley Riders" above, not just "riders".   I wonder what a Goldwing rider would say about a touring bike being too smooth. 

However, I must  admit, my Harley has a very nice feel to it. It's nothing like the typical nut-shaker Harley.  I was a Harley hater until I rode  the 2017 Road Glide which has both  a new engine and frame.

But how much noise and vibration will the LiveWire have to satisfy the real Harley riders? Who else would buy it for 30K$ after  seeing a Zero SR/F?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X