• May 18, 2024, 02:14:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Headligh options for S models  (Read 1440 times)

Kill3rT0fu

• View Profile
Headligh options for S models
« on: October 15, 2022, 08:42:41 PM »

Let's be real. The S model headlights are bad. Not the style, but the bulbs. Sure you can upgrade the bulb, but the reflectors inside weren't meant for LED upgrades. So I'm looking for something newer, a projector bulb maybe. What styles do you guys think would fit with the S model's style? I was thinking an OEM KTM or MT-07 or MT-09.

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Headligh options for S models
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 08:54:36 PM »

As long as the light source comes from roughly the same point the reflector doesn't care if it's LED or halogen. I have no complaints with the LED bulb I put in mine and it's a massive improvement over the stock bulb.

No longer available but the photos will give you an idea of the location of the LEDs:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073WJFHCT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 12:43:25 AM »

I carved out the headlight on my 2006 DSR & craned a JE Speaker 5.75” adaptive headlight in it https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/adaptive-led-headlights-model-8691-adaptive-2/
after deciding to wash the reflective surface & to my horror seeing the reflective coating wash off. 

It was a bit difficult though. 
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Kill3rT0fu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 02:27:41 AM »

I carved out the headlight on my 2006 DSR & craned a JE Speaker 5.75” adaptive headlight in it https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/adaptive-led-headlights-model-8691-adaptive-2/
after deciding to wash the reflective surface & to my horror seeing the reflective coating wash off. 

So you jammed a JWspeaker headlight inside the OEM housing of the Zero?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 05:51:41 AM »

The previous owner of my 2021 SR replaced the stock bulb with a PHILIPS X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs(H4 60/55W).  The difference over stock (my previous bike was a 2018 S 13kWh) is phenomenal.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 09:16:58 AM »

So you jammed a JWspeaker headlight inside the OEM housing of the Zero?

Yes and retained the running lamp that I converted to LED as well as stacking several layers of Selective Yellow film for a nice color contrast. 

I fab’ed a bracket out of crossed square 1/2” tubing that is suspended by the aluminum bracket that supports the stock housing. The JW Speaker is attached to that bracket. 

Lots of work.
I had to get it woking quickly as it’s my daily transportation. 
I used the stock (outer mostly) stock housing to also hide/protect the wiring.

If I had more time to keep the bike off the road I would look into a full sized JW Speaker adaptive headlight & oftermarker fork mounted bucket solution. 
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Kill3rT0fu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 05:31:29 AM »

The previous owner of my 2021 SR replaced the stock bulb with a PHILIPS X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs(H4 60/55W).  The difference over stock (my previous bike was a 2018 S 13kWh) is phenomenal.

I have those in my truck. I really couldn't tell a difference over the stock bulbs. Maybe I'll try them on the motorcycle.

I jsut checked. I got Philips Crystal Vision for the truck. I'm putting some X-TREME vision in the cart now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 05:45:25 AM by Kill3rT0fu »
Pages: [1]