• May 12, 2024, 10:10:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Cypher III+  (Read 3037 times)

UlsterZero

• View Profile
Re: Cypher III+
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2021, 12:41:29 AM »

Not sure if anyone has reported this already, but I came across an article in Popular Science, where the Vice President of product development at Zero discusses the new higher capacity batteries for the 2022 SR, SR/F and SR/S models.

Apparently there are some improvements to the chemistry of the Farasis cells to allow greater capacity, and also to the chemical stability of the cells, which enables them to be charged to higher voltages.  They have also added two fans to the battery pack to provide some active cooling during charging (and possibly discharging).

The article can be found at:-

https://www.popsci.com/technology/zero-motorcycles-unveils-sr-bike-new-battery-tech/

Ulster Zero

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2021, 04:30:52 AM »

Not sure if anyone has reported this already, but I came across an article in Popular Science, where the Vice President of product development at Zero discusses the new higher capacity batteries for the 2022 SR, SR/F and SR/S models.

Apparently there are some improvements to the chemistry of the Farasis cells to allow greater capacity, and also to the chemical stability of the cells, which enables them to be charged to higher voltages.  They have also added two fans to the battery pack to provide some active cooling during charging (and possibly discharging).

The article can be found at:-

https://www.popsci.com/technology/zero-motorcycles-unveils-sr-bike-new-battery-tech/

Ulster Zero

Thanks. That article was both interesting and informative.  :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Zeromotorcycles

• Zero Motorcycles Owner Support Representative
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2021, 11:14:39 PM »

This all feels wrong. I wonder if their engineers are proud of this..

I sort of get the software / park assist, navigation, upgrades that you have to pay for..

But a range upgrade... That feels like saying; Hey you bought this hardware, but we do not let you use it unless you pay extra.
For the ZFORCE 14.4+ to have an range extension of 20%..... It feels as if their trick is to use their battery limiter. Maybe in some cases have the battery voltage to drop a bit lower before it says 0%. Or change the maximum torque.
Or the battery has simply more power than 14.4Kwh and they simply do not let you use it. Than it maybe is a way to sell a more expensive bike,,, for a lower price?
My first guest would say that they are playing with some software limits… We will probably know when the manual’s come out.

Zero?is?super focused on allowing as many people as possible to discover the amazing experience of riding electric.?Creating upgrades that can be accessed after the purchase of a?motorcycle?allows riders to start at one place?(and price) and evolve if or when they need to add even more capability.?So, for example, the new 22MY SR allows owners to buy a more affordable motorcycle then explore upgrades over time. This also allows Zero to offer the SR at a more competitive price.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2021, 11:34:30 PM »

Great to see Zero getting involved with the forum. There's a lot of enthusiasm here and it is likely to prove a useful place for seeing what Zero owners are experiencing in the real world. When I've seen manufacturers have an official presence on other forums that I'm on it's usually a good thing for everyone and helps with a positive view of the brand.

Right... I'm off to start a thread for all my feature requests.  ;)  (Actually, if I did then integration of navigation into the dash would have been on the list.)
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2021, 12:06:54 PM »

Great to see Zero getting involved with the forum...
That account (Zeromotorcycles) is indeed registered with a zeromotorcycles.com email alias in the forum registration database. In plain language: seems legitimate? This forum is not rich enough code-wise to assign "verified" badges and the like, so always be careful handing your information over to any forum user taking the position as being a sales and support vendor or manufacturer representative.  ::)

Not the first time we've seen vendors on the forum, obviously.

mdjak1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2021, 03:15:23 AM »

Great to see Zero getting involved with the forum...
That account (Zeromotorcycles) is indeed registered with a zeromotorcycles.com email alias in the forum registration database. In plain language: seems legitimate? This forum is not rich enough code-wise to assign "verified" badges and the like, so always be careful handing your information over to any forum user taking the position as being a sales and support vendor or manufacturer representative.  ::)

Not the first time we've seen vendors on the forum, obviously.

Back in May 2021 when I had an issue with my FXS and mentioned it in one of my posts, this user reached out to me via PM with their name and email address.   They said in their PMto me they were "Social Media Owner Support Rep for Zero Motorcycles".   My direct emails to zeromotorcycles.com were handled by this person.   They do work at Zero.   

Whether it is a single person handling the account here or they may have several people handling it, I don't know.

Maybe a mod here could sticky a thread confirming that this account does in fact belong to Zero?

PS: When I did a Zero test ride event in Lakeland, FL about a month ago I spoke directly with a Zero engineer regarding this forum.   Telling him that it can be a great resource for owners to discuss and solve issues.    He didn't seem to know about it.  I texted him a link to the thread where I had an issue that a dealer helped me solve.   It would be great if Zero could take a more active roll in solving issues here.   

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2021, 09:24:36 PM »

I've just noticed that all 3 Cyher 3+ options are available in the US for $195 each. However, in the UK faster charging and parking mode are £160 but on-dash navigation is £260.  :o

(I'm looking at 2020 SR/F if that makes a difference.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:27:49 PM by Fred »
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »

I've just noticed that all 3 Cyher 3+ options are available in the US for $195 each. However, in the UK faster charging and parking mode are £160 but on-dash navigation is £260.  :o

(I'm looking at 2020 SR/F if that makes a difference.)

Is it harder to get around the UK than the U.S.?  ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2021, 01:01:49 AM »

Actually... yes!

Cas :)

slant911

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2021, 02:59:08 AM »

Much harder.  There isn't a square grid of streets to be found anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]