• May 04, 2024, 07:26:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Have You Crashed Your FX Due To Loss of Rear Wheel Traction?  (Read 828 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Have You Crashed Your FX Due To Loss of Rear Wheel Traction?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 08:56:41 PM »

That's what the 2 year full warranty is for.  :)

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

go to YT and type in Matt Fish FX and look through his videos.
Keep in mind it's a 13 FX and the newer ones have much better suspensions and batteries but watch what he can do with that thing.  The rampart trail video had me so jealous.  Warning some are long but the one up Lookout Mt he is going over a sand washed sharp turn no problem.

This one pretty much sold me.  I could watch this all day:

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »

I know right.  When I first saw this it was just like the Perfect way to go out in nature.  That guy is 10X the rider I'll ever be but it just seemed so amazingly effortless and peaceful but with thrills just a twist away.

I saw one of your other posts about one over heating on the freeway and I would add the freeway is the kryptonite of these bikes and will drain and heat them at the top speeds.

If you do pull the trigger welcome aboard and enjoy!

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 06:33:40 AM »

If you are hesitating, you can also start with a used model (3-4 years)... Good way to limit your investment, and usually a very good value for money.

There aren't that many used ones in my area that I can see.  On S 9.8 that I'm not interested in.  And one 2018 FX demo model that the seller is selling after just a few months. 

I'm a little tempted to go after the used FX, but I don't know it was cared for.  It seems like battery maintenance is really important on these.  I don't know if the dealer and previous owner followed the battery charging procedures or not.  Plus it came with a chain kit and has been converted back to belt.  And who knows how it was treated as a demo for a year.

These bikes are not very fragile.  Unless it was discharged to dead empty and left there for months, I doubt it would be a noticable effect.  You can ask to pull the logs.  If it's low miles, it should have all of the history since new or the last firmware update.  If you're buying from the dealer, maybe ask for a statement that there is nothing in the history that disqualified the bike from the 5 year battery warranty.  If everything works right now, the rest to check is just the mechanical condition of the bike like any other used purchase.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »

I'm just going to buy from the dealer.  They have fielded my test rides and litany of questions well, so I'm going to give them my business.

At least that's the plan.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »

Having the right dealer is key. Don't buy if you have any doubt.
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
Pages: 1 [2]