• May 07, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero SR/F & Weiser LED Turn Signals  (Read 2873 times)

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
Re: Zero SR/F & Weiser LED Turn Signals
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »

Weiser sent me last month another two pairs of LED boards with other values for those SMD resistors, as I could read on the electronic board. Unfortunately, I could only mount a pair as all four of them would cause the same problem I had with the old ones. Mounting only two of them is slightly better but not enough in the long run. Somehow my Zero also appears to be asymmetric in this regard, turning right get me the error far more often than turning left, regardless of having swapped both sides.

I've decided to stop my time-consuming Weiser LED adventures and made an appointment at the Zero dealership to mount aftermarket LEDs with a proven track record on SR/F.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

getdown45

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 03:56:03 AM »

Zero offers led turn signals. You can see it in their accessory catalog: https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/accessories-en-us.pdf
The dealer can order and install them.

Great! I did not know that Zero proposed led turn signals in accessory for the Sr/f.
I checked and in Europe (France) these led turn signals are not at the catalog i think.
Do you know how many they cost? And if the installation it must be done by the dealer (maybe there is a programation?)?

I don't like the Weiser Led, i prefer the Zero led or other ones like Rizoma.

I've decided to stop my time-consuming Weiser LED adventures and made an appointment at the Zero dealership to mount aftermarket LEDs with a proven track record on SR/F.

What are the LEDs aftermarket you will mount on your Sr/f? The Zero's Led on the accessory catalog?

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

What are the LEDs aftermarket you will mount on your Sr/f? The Zero's Led on the accessory catalog?

The Swiss importer for Zero told me this week that the Zero LED turn signals are not yet available for them to order. I can't remember which one they have chosen to mount instead but they told me they have been using them already many times without problems on various motorcycle brands. They have also fitted their SR/F demo bike with them so this made it very concrete for me.

getdown45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »

Ah mais tu es Suisse Zelidar?!  ;D Moi je suis de Lyon (France)
Yes, the Zero's Leds are not available in France (Europe maybe).
Can you ask at your dealer if he mounts the turn signals with a resistor or with a modification in the board computer to avoid the error 19?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:32:52 PM by getdown45 »

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 07:25:13 PM »

Ah mais tu es Suisse Zelidar?!  ;D Moi je suis de Lyon (France)
Oui, et je parle aussi français :)

Yes, the Zero's Leds are not available in France (Europe maybe).
Can you ask at your dealer if he mounts the turn signals with a resistor or with a modification in the board computer to avoid the error 19?
She (yes, a woman) already told me she might have to insert a resistor. A silly solution really. Just like you said, I would prefer the so much cleaner software solution but Zero is a small company and apparently don't have enough resources to make progresses on too many fronts at the same time.

ParisIan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 01:07:53 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure Zero LED turn signals are available in France, as I have them mounted on my SR/F by my dealer near Paris.
I think you can have them also in Lyon or in Switzerland.
However, I have some "37 errors" at the end of charge process and my hand grips doesn't work anymore since my dealer installed the LED turn signals...
As I am lucky, the mechanic let my bike fall to the ground trying to fix these issues, fortunately no big damages they fixed scratches, but I still have error codes. They told me that they will investigate with Zero engineers to give me a solution next week. Fingers crossed.
I made a post on Facebook with pictures of my bike equipped with the Zero original LED (Groupe des propriétaires de Zero Motorcycles) + une video sur un post de Zero France

BR, Cdt,
Yann

getdown45

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »

I contacted my dealer this friday (2 days ago) and i will ask to Zero France the installation's procedure and disponiblity for the Leds.

I am pretty sure Zero LED turn signals are available in France, as I have them mounted on my SR/F by my dealer near Paris.
I think you can have them also in Lyon or in Switzerland.
I made a post on Facebook with pictures of my bike equipped with the Zero original LED (Groupe des propriétaires de Zero Motorcycles) + une video sur un post de Zero France
Like you said ParisIan, i saw on Facebook that the Leds are available in France since the 19th june (and one week more for the smoked version).
Do you know how your dealer proceeded  for the installation ? Did he use some resistor?

ParisIan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »

No resistors added. Just a new parameter in mainboard.
But my dealer told me that he must contact a Zero engineer to do the mainboard setting as he cannot do it by himself... It sounds like a heavy procedure for a Led turn signals installation.
I am waiting their call to fix my mainboard programmation early this week. Fingers crossed.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 02:29:38 AM »

Eh, if they added the parameter after the last version of the dealer software was set... Most vehicles have a bunch of hidden settings like that.

Hopefully they'll add it to the software.  There's no good reason to hide these things so deeply.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

didierm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 03:06:00 AM »

My 12V battery problem (2 or 3 batteries replaced, I lost count ;  + MBB swapped) was finally fixed at Zero EU on very short notice with a software fix.

According to the (as far as I know, knowledge) dealer, Zero told them they (the dealer) could not have fixed this.

I have been handling software for the better part of 40 years (never embedded, though) ; I still cannot fathom :
- why I am (AFAIK) the only one having experienced this, being all firmware created equal ;
- why an OTA could not have fixed this ;
- why Zero did not remotely diagnose this much earlier ;
- why they keep the dealer in the dark about the exact cause/fix.

Especially this last item still baffles me. These are the guys who are supposed to sell your gear, for ${DEITY} sake.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 12:00:19 PM »

1) Your use case is your own.  No one has specifically your experience ^-^
2) Couple possibilities:
 a) mis-set environment variable
 b) malformed version of the software
3) Always go with the simplest solution first.  Well, sometimes it's not the simpler problem.
4) How detailed can a software engineer get with a mechanic?  Probably just language mismatch.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

didierm

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 02:27:54 AM »

4) How detailed can a software engineer get with a mechanic?  Probably just language mismatch.

Granted. It's the (perceived) sense of secrecy which bothers me.
But not too much, as long as it doesn't happen again.

But without any information, it's difficult as an end-user/customer, to prevent the circumstances which led to the repeated failure. And due to the missing explanation, you just have to trust them on their word.

As a slight variation on the Russian proverb : trust is good, verification is better.  ;)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 05:44:48 AM »

Yeah.

It's hard to diagnose weird edge situations or know when an edge will turn into a middle.

Honestly, after building little arduino projects, it amazes me that any hardware/software interface can be as solid as they are.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

af1 racing

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »

The Zero ones are available now, in stock, new part #s.  See the notes.  Your bike needs a dealer update to install.

Clear:
https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=105515

Smoke:
https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=105597

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »

Good to know af1 racing, I suppose they are now also available in Europe.

Unfortunately my Zero official CH dealer didn't have them available earlier this month but they did use something small and sturdy, miles better than the original Zero cheapos (still can't believe Zero are still mounting these on the SR/S btw). I also took the opportunity to get rid of the bulky and heavy back plate holding arm. At the occasion of changing the rear tire and reviewing the bill, I was told about the extra work this massive thing caused, good riddance, just like for the Weiser malfunctioning crap.

Pages: 1 [2]