• May 15, 2024, 05:57:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Problem of battery pack, charger or something else ?  (Read 483 times)

Djihatch

• View Profile
Problem of battery pack, charger or something else ?
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:50:04 AM »

Hi,

I'm really happy with my 3500 miles 2015 SR (without powertank). But I experienced a weird charge, a few days ago : I let the charger plugged all the night (balance done (solid green light)), 100 % SOC on the dash.
I unplugged the charger, turned the key on and then the Soc on the dash showed only 94 %, and I felt like the first % dropped very fast (easy city ride).

I've downloaded the logs and used the zero log viewer (very nice job to the coders, by the way) (see attachment).

The graph begins 9 monthes ago the full voltage is 116 v (wich seems to be normal). Now the voltage is 114v when fully charged.

The bike is 2.5 years old now and the warranty is over for the charger, and still ok for battery pack.
It's ok for me now (I drive 20-30 miles a day so i'm not really affected with this issue yet) but the dealer is 40 miles away (I try to buy a mudguard till a week now, no one answers correctly (to make it short), and I don't want to let my bike to the dealer shop for ages if I ask them to look for a bigger issue...).

In your opinion : Is it a normal issue or should I worry about that ?

Thanks a lot !

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:53:09 AM by Djihatch »

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Problem of battery pack, charger or something else ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:23:48 AM »

Your bike is following in the footsteps of my old 2014S (with power tank).  About a year ago the pack started not charging to 100% and it is now down to 92% and 113 volts, according to my daughter who now owns the bike.  However, it doesn't bother her as she is not using it to ride long distances where reduced battery power would be an issue for her.  Why this is happening I am not sure.  But perhaps one or more of the cells in the pack is degrading and is charging too quickly and is causing the charger to cut off at a lower voltage.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Djihatch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »

Thanks for your answer.

I'm not sure about the exact reason, but that means that there is a problem, unfortunately...
I really worry about Zero aftersale service here (France) : Order a simple part (mudguard) seems so complicated for them. I don't know if they will handle a battery or charger problem (summer is coming and I want to ride !).

Have a nice day.

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »

hello djihatch, your thread is addressing a "known" issue already discussed here: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7865.0
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Djihatch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »

Thanks, I noticed it after I post my thread. I'll join it if needed. So I can close this one.
Pages: [1]