• May 05, 2024, 01:33:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I Sold My Aprilia Today....Now To Buy 2015 SR Or Wait for 2016 SR?  (Read 2492 times)

ZeroMX2011

• View Profile

hummm I don't know I'm holding on to my aprilia mana for the time being... Bought a zero mx really cheap with a drained battery and slowly realizing I'm better off loosing money on selling this zero. The battery pack is no longer available and to build one out will cost me around $1000 and that's for home brewed... 

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile

I was only going to sell my Mana if I got what I wanted out of it. I had a set number in mind and figured if it gets that then bye-bye. I did get what I wanted, thought it might have took a little more time than it did, but it was a pretty quick sell surprisingly. Once the weather warmed up, it sold so quickly, I thought I might of had more time with it this riding season but it was gone before I knew it. Now I'm just going to kick around on the Suzuki this season, and definitely next Spring going to get my Zero.

I am always checking up on this forum, to learn all I can about others experiences, so I have an idea of what I'm getting into. I do really like the Zero, I give it a 9 out of 10 and only deducting a point because of the height of it. Although, I am saddened to hear about some of the other negative experiences with the SR on here. I may adjust my rating after receiving mine, but since I have only demoed one I give it a 9. What would you give your Zero and why?

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

xmjsilverx

• View Profile

I would give my 2015 SR an 8.5.  The only issues for me are price, range, and charge time.  I haven't ridden a whole lot of other bikes but the power and handling on the SR seem pretty good to me.  I may have designed the seat, tank bag, and rear brake a little differently but the truth is at this point in time there is no other bike I'd rather have.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

ZeroMX2011

• View Profile

I would give my zero a zero... why... because of the support from zero. I have a dead 2011 zero mx and was told by zero they do not make a battery for that model any more as it is obsolete... a 2011 bike is obsolete...

Then there is the range... real world I only got 10-15 miles in the 2.8 pack.

I could spend another $1k on leaf batteries and rig a pack but then what about the rest of the bike... no spare parts... no support... no range...

I hope since bramo got bought out by Polaris; Zero will also be bough and electric bikes could be developed by big houses that will give customer support and spare parts.

Heck even as bad as Aprilia support is I would say leaps and bounds above zero.

If any one wants a Zero MX with a dead battery its on ebay right now for $2500.

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile

Wow a zero rating...I am sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that they really work on the support that they have. These bikes are too expensive for there to be so little support and not properly trained dealerships that are supposed to service these bikes. I hope they get their stuff together soon!
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

Ndm

• View Profile

Just for comparison I've seen a 2010mx with a good battery in new condition for $2500 Canadian dollars ($1875 usd,it was $10k new!) I asked about a second battery and was told they're obsolete and if the original died they wouldn't guarantee you could find another, I passed!
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook

We have discussed the service from Zero quite a bit in this forum and basically have discovered service is significantly improved (though not perfect) for model year 2013+ bikes.  People have had mixed results with 2012 bikes and they use completely different parts from the 2011 and older bikes. 

I don't know if anyone who designed/engineered the 2011 and older bikes still work there.  However, the dealers in the northeast I have spoken to seem capable of fixing 2013+ bikes competently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Francois

• View Profile

the title was "buy 2015 sr or wait for 2016" do someone have a answer?
what are the improvement for 2016
battery will be 140v instead off 100v?
more power?
more breaks (radial)?

Richard230

• View Profile

more power?
more breaks (radial)?

To my knowledge the only people who know what the 2016 bikes will be like are Zero employees - and they are not (and never do) talking.  The rest of us are just guessing, speculating and hoping.  If it was me, I wouldn't put any money on a new motor, higher voltage, or any significant upgrades on the battery pack.  I think you will just see continuing refinements to the current models and most likely an SR version of the DS. But then, what do I know?   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile

more power?
more breaks (radial)?

To my knowledge the only people who know what the 2016 bikes will be like are Zero employees - and they are not (and never do) talking.  The rest of us are just guessing, speculating and hoping.  If it was me, I wouldn't put any money on a new motor, higher voltage, or any significant upgrades on the battery pack.  I think you will just see continuing refinements to the current models and most likely an SR version of the DS. But then, what do I know?   ???

Francois

No to answer all of your questions shortly
Going to have to wait another year for another big bump in voltage; they just got one. Well for the s platform bikes we will have to see about the fx

16 is a long way out; it you want a bike get the 15,if you want to have a bike in a YEAR from now go for it
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

Chocula

• View Profile

I would give my zero a zero... why... because of the support from zero. I have a dead 2011 zero mx and was told by zero they do not make a battery for that model any more as it is obsolete... a 2011 bike is obsolete...
Wow! It seems unconscionable that Zero would shoot themselves in the foot like this.  If suitable replacement parts are not made available for critical components after as little as 4 years, Zero is eliminating any hope of customers considering their products to be anything more than a disposable toy good for at most a couple of years.  I don't see how it can be cost effective to devalue your product in such a specialized market.

At the very least I would expect Zero to pack your existing battery module with non-obsolete cells to achieve at least the original capacity, or to help you find someone who can.  If not, then they deserve a huge public relations black eye for this.  They would be validating one of every EV naysayer's primary arguments.

Please contact Zero directly and politely insist they make a solution available to you.  Then post the responses, good and bad.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:06:41 AM by Chocula »

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile

Hey Zero, have a look at how Tesla offers an upgrade to their 2008 Roadster and learn from it....

You need happy customers to survive in this niche market!
Once you go EV, gas is history!
Pages: 1 [2]