• May 05, 2024, 03:21:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So I did a battery capacity test  (Read 324 times)

church

• View Profile
So I did a battery capacity test
« on: June 07, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »

So I did a battery capacity test on my (new to me) 2016 DS 13kWh with 18,600 miles with original battery. The average watt hour / mile on the bike is 88.8.

I drained the battery down to 95 volts as shown on the app and then I charged it overnight plugged into a 110v AC outlet.

It put 11.38kWh back into the battery and showed 115 volts in the app this morning.

What do you guys think? How is she doing?

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: So I did a battery capacity test
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:04:59 PM »

With a rated capacity of 13kW/h at 116v the nominal capacity at 102v would be 11.43kW/h, so it would seem that your's is doing just fine.

havec

• View Profile
Re: So I did a battery capacity test
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:47:57 PM »

I just became a 2020 Zero FX owner. I have a bunch of TP Link HS110 network energy monitoring switches that plug into 110 volt wall outlets. They work well for controlling and monitoring the electric heaters that I have in my mountain vacation home from anywhere.  I purchased another for my Zero so I can turn off the charger without going out to my garage.  It will also allow for an independent monitoring of how many electrons I pump into the battery. Having an electric vehicle is a great way to learn all about the physics of batteries.
What is your battery capacity? It should take more power to charge it than its capacity due to inefficiency due to heat production during charging. 
Pages: [1]