• May 12, 2024, 01:01:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero SR/F cellular not working? Zero may fix it under warranty.  (Read 631 times)

noyesknifer

• View Profile

I know many people on this forum have reported problems with their Zero SR/F cellular connectivity not working since firmware version 18.  I took my zero into the dealer to have them make sure it wasn't a problem with the cellular control module, and sure enough it was a problem with the cellular control module.  Zero will cover the replacement under your warranty.  I know for many your factory 2 year warranty will expire soon, so be sure to have a dealer inspect your bike if you are having this problem. 

Just some extra info, you can tell if your cellular control module is working or not by opening the SR/F menu with the key on, kickstand down, and kill-switch in the off position.  Then navigate to Preferences, and then go to cellular connectivity.  It should say "Connected".  If it says "Not Connected" then I suggest you take your SR/F to the dealer to get a new module. 
2020 Zero SR/F Standard (sold)
2019 Yamaha Niken
2021 Triumph Rocket 3R

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR/F cellular not working? Zero may fix it under warranty.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:39:22 AM »

Also for anyone else trying to set this up, I'd like to repost things others have found... what we all think is common knowledge is not for some people.

To get the cellular to work, you have to set up Zero Next Gen phone app. At least that's the only way I know of.

And to set up the phone app, I think there is a thing where you cant choose non-alphabet characters for the user name, or some such. I dont remember exactly but if you try to use some characters it wont create the account, and wont tell you WHY it wont which is bloody annoying.

On my bike cellular works, but the app always shows "Attempting to connect" above the map. That never changes... no idea why. Also it wont connect if the bike is not already on. For example if  its charging, or if its keyed on, it will connect and show the charge level, otherwise it wont.

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »

There was another thread about this https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=10973.msg104209#msg104209
Here is what I posted earlier this month:

My dealer checked with Zero and they could see my bike in the cloud, so the problem was with the app. I focused again on the app, and now if finally works. Here are my findings (Android app):

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not help. Some invalid data is used again, possibly left back or restored from the cloud
- Both the "log out" and the "deregister" functions didn't work, I got an error message asking me to contact a Zero representative instead.

The only way I have found to "reset" the app was to use the "Clear data" function from the Android OS, and then of course in the app to repeat the pairing and enter my credentials to connect to the Zero cloud.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

noyesknifer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 09:52:43 AM »

The thing is, I don't think it was an issue with my app.  Zero wouldn't have sent my dealer a new part if the app was the issue here.  Did your zero also say "Not Connected" under the menus?  The dealership told me that if it was an issue with the app then they would have charged me for labor (the diagnosing).  But they told me they are doing warranty work on my bike, replacing the cellular control module.  That's what made me think something was wrong with the bike instead of the app.
2019 Yamaha Niken
2021 Triumph Rocket 3R

noyesknifer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 10:26:38 PM »

Just reporting back here after my dealer completed replacing the cellular communications module.  The bike now says "Connected" under the cellular option in the menus.  However I still can't find my bike or use remote connect at all.  I did try clearing the cache on my app too.  Looks like will have to wait for a firmware update to fix cellular.
2019 Yamaha Niken
2021 Triumph Rocket 3R
Pages: [1]