• May 04, 2024, 11:08:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DSR 2023 Saddle Bags  (Read 709 times)

Brit64

• View Profile
DSR 2023 Saddle Bags
« on: December 13, 2023, 03:15:11 AM »

Searching for hard saddlebags for my 2023 DSR 14.4.  No luck from the usual suspects, as all say check with Zero.  Zero has their high dollar hard metals for silly money.  Hoping to find ABS plastic or fiberglass units and hardware to mount them.   I've seen pictures of brands installed on my model around the net but no particulars mentioned as to hardware.   

Motoproponent

• View Profile
Re: DSR 2023 Saddle Bags
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 02:53:25 AM »

Happy-Trail has fitments. There's also rackless soft bag systems from Giant Loop and Green Chili Adventure
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 06:00:35 AM »

What about the company Energica is using for their bags, Givi I think it is?
I think I seen something on their website that they offer multiple frames for mounting it on other bikes.

Aaron

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 02:00:04 PM »

This
https://giviusa.com/products/e22n-22ltr-monokey-side-cases
Is what my lightly used (1yr/2.8k miles) 2016 DSR came with. 
Nearly 7 yrs & over 90k miles their still hanging in there but I’ve had to repair & re-enforce quite a bit (but I’m hard on things).
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 06:38:16 PM »

What he is showing are hard cases,  the Energica's come with softer cases, cloth outside so it might fare a little bit better with a bit of scruffling.
I can attest that one of mine DID manage to come off the bike at 45 mph and take a tumble down the road, with a 12 pack in it as well, and all it did was scuff it up a bit and a slight tear in the cloth which still is intact and has not ran or got worse from that tear mark.

I have carried chickens in them, and eggs, and had eggs broken in them, which a gentle hosing out and they are fine, let them open in the sun to dry and they are near new.

I also run my bike at high speeds with them on, for extended times.  they can withstand WOT for Miles and not rip off the bike, again loaded up with a heavy load to no ill affects.

If they have the mount for those hard case bags, id assume you could get the softer ones as well, the mount should be pretty universal id think.

Aaron

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 10:20:29 PM »

Looking at Givi's US website, they don't offer fitments for any Zero's. I think the company had Givi and now uses Shad as there factory option. I thought the OP was looking for other than Zero "OEM" offerings.

I think Filipacchi, somehow, has all the accessories for Zero and Energica. Including Saddlebag mounts for the older S/SR and DS/DSR
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube
Pages: [1]