• May 04, 2024, 12:49:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cell phone (iPhone 15) handlebar mounted holder recommendation  (Read 1269 times)

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Cell phone (iPhone 15) handlebar mounted holder recommendation
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2024, 08:15:30 AM »

I'm the opposite, I don't mind a slightly bulky case because I'll need it to protect my phone but I don't want a bulky mount on my bars. I don't have my phone on there that often though, if yours is on there all the time then it doesn't matter much. As far as the gripper type mounts go though that one looks really good, I like that it has a lot of adjustment to size it to the phone and that it's all bolted in position. How does the phone insert? They say it's one handed which makes me think it's spring loaded but it also has that securing knob on the back, does that just lock the spring loaded part in position? Is the ball 1 inch for use with RAM stuff? They mention rotation but is that just by loosening the clamp on the ball? I don't see any obvious mechanism for doing it otherwise.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2024, 09:08:11 AM »

The top gripper slides up. So you put the top of the phone in, push up, and then put the bottom in. The mechanism is all metal and super smooth. The knob on the back locks it completely, but I never use it. The spring tension is very strong. It does have a normal ball, and comes with a mount, but I hated it. I swapped it for the one below which is much nicer than Ram. Im super picky about mounts because I use the bike for errands and lots of stops, so it’s in and out often.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0989PNG3C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2024, 12:04:10 AM »

are we allowed to post ref links in the forum?

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2024, 12:17:21 AM »

I would assume not, but you could go read the rules…. Do you use referral links?

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2024, 12:20:02 AM »

I don't use them, consider it rude to post in a forum w/o permission, but I see the link you posted has a ref= in it, which typically is a type of referral link.
It works just as well without the ?ref=

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2024, 12:27:20 AM »

That’s not what a referral link looks like. It’s a tracker from within Amazon that they use to know how the person arrived at the page.  Referral links end in tag=xxxxxxxxxxx which is the persons id.
Pages: 1 [2]