• May 04, 2024, 12:58:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone having problems getting Zero to respond?  (Read 1392 times)

Bakersbread

• View Profile
Anyone having problems getting Zero to respond?
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »

Have a 13 Zero ds 11.4. Had a couple issues with it that I won't go into detail about. Left me without a bike for over 3 weeks and was told it was getting taken care of multiple times and had some bad experience with and now they aren't answering emails either. Anyone know how to get a hold of anyone?

Mike Werner

• View Profile
    • Travel France Tips
Re: Anyone having problems getting Zero to respond?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »

Join the club. Ordered my DS last year, delivery was supposed to be 15 Jan 2014. Still no bike, almost no replies to emails (only whne threatning lawyers), and then promises. About to throw the whole thing away and let the lawyer start talking.

I guess being a new company means that processes aren't smooth, but IMHO, a company must have customer service quality in their genes, and if they don't, this will continue to happen over and over.

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »

Bakersbread - can you ring them? I've found phone calls got a much better response than emails.

Peter

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »

I've had better success with calls as well. I think they do read the emails, but it's easy for them to back burner the email, and very frustrating for us even if they're actually working on it behind the scenes.

(888)786-9376. Try extension 15.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

Is this a Zero problem or a Zero dealer problem? Are you trying to go to Zero directly instead of through a dealer? I thought Zero was moving away from direct sales but maybe I am wrong. Depending on the nature of the problem trying to diagnose a problem on your own has little chance of success. The bike logs that you can send Zero from your smart phone are not nearly as detailed as the bike logs that Zero can download after they have connected to your bike after it is connected to a dealers laptop. Even then it can be very tough. I saw that with the contactor error problem that took six weeks to fix.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »

Calling both Zero and my local dealer has worked fine for me.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Bakersbread

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:14:31 AM »

Thanks for the number promotech I'll call them tomorrow. I was waiting for my dealer to receive a new motor they said had been shipped like 5 Times and didn't show up forever. Just a pain. Dealer did what they could but Zero took their sweet time and lied about it a bunch. Pretty frustrated

Spires

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:24:01 AM »

I have the same issues with them. I wish I lived closer to Hollywood Electrics, they seem to be in the know and have direct links to getting the damn problems fixed.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 04:16:08 AM »

I have always had very good responses from Zero, but then my dealer is the closest one to the factory and I live about a 70-minute ride away from Zero HQ.  Mostly, I think you need a good dealer that is willing to bug Zero for you and has at least one technician that is enthusiastic about electric motorcycles and understands the technology.  I suspect that limits the field a bit, though.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 02:05:02 AM »

Two weeks ago support told me they were buried because  "east coast tech support is currently out of the country". So things might have gotten buried. I call when not hearing back, it seems to work better than emails or waiting for a call.
Pages: [1]