• May 04, 2024, 04:46:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Put in my order for an SR  (Read 4299 times)

bigd

• View Profile
Re: Put in my order for an SR
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 03:30:48 AM »

cloroxbb, How is the Givi top box working ?
Honda 1300VTX

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:33 AM »

My Zero-accessory Givi top box works just fine.  I have now managed to get it to also fit the old Givi mounting plate that I have installed on my R1200R by cutting a notch in the bottom of the plastic attachment "hook" on the plate to accommodate the additional metal reinforcing bulge that Givi installs on their newer top boxes.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 03:57:18 AM »

ok then $7800

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Zero-Motorcycles-XU-ZF2.8-111207537

:)

I have seen 2013 DS go for 10k via private sale.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

cloroxbb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »

It is awesome. I love it. I have more pictures at this link if you want to see them...
http://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,682.7.html
'16 Zero S 9.8

cloroxbb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »

ok then $7800

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Zero-Motorcycles-XU-ZF2.8-111207537

:)

I have seen 2013 DS go for 10k via private sale.

I want a DS or SR. XU is cool, but I want something with a little more range, and I don't care for the styling and such... Im not worried, Ill get one maybe next year.
'16 Zero S 9.8

biolife

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »

I stopped by the dealership yesterday to see their 2013 DS. Strange as it is, yesterday was my first day to see an actual Zero bike. The weather was pretty dismal, and it was pouring rain, but thankfully this model was inside. I found the key was already in the ignition, so I hopped on, started it up (though you would never know it's on except for the headlight and dash lighting up), then twisted the throttle ever so slightly.

That was enough for me. That five feet on an electric bike were enough to cast away any doubts I might have over spending $20k on a motorcycle.

Being able to ride a motorcycle inside a closed area and have nobody even notice was so foreign, so unique, and so cool. It was like riding a robot.

I'm looking ever forward to the day my bike arrives. Sounds like it may be 3-4 weeks at this point...!

Biolife,

I am incredibly jealous of you right now :) Any of the Zero Models were out of my pricerange, so I got a gas bike. I really want an SR. Congrats on the purchase, Im sure you will love it. Can't wait to read your review!

Thanks :) I definitely went back and forth at least a few times before deciding on the SR. The jump from a gas bike to an electric bike is such a shock, but as you learn more about it there are lots of perks that come with electric that you just don't get with gas.

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 05:58:59 PM »

Did you get your bike yet?
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

biolife

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 04:00:29 AM »

Nope, hoping for delivery this week so I can pick it up on Saturday... I'll be posting here within a day or two of getting it to give my first impressions. :)

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 05:58:58 AM »

I hope for you that it is only a few days away :) Here it's raining and it will be like that for another week, too bad.
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base

biolife

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »

Yeah, same here! I don't know if I can wait another week... Well, I know I can, I just don't want to... :P

ReeveSteves

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »

I'm in the PNW, and I put in an order for an SR also. It arrived on Tuesday and is going through PDI right now! I can't wait, but unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend so I will have to wait. I have put a thousand miles on a 2011 XU and am addicted to electric. I knew I would kick myself in six months if I didn't step up for the SR instead of the S. This bike isn't a sensible decision as I have a commute the XU was perfect for (less than two miles, no freeway needed), but I'm going to enjoy it. We only live once, right? I'm having the yellow body work put on from a regular S so it will be a bit stealth as well. Anybody need a 2011 XU? It was purchased NOS so it is still covered by the warranty. I'll give a very good price.

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 12:04:08 AM »

Where in PNW?
Travis

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 02:29:17 AM »

2 miles! That's quite short, open the throttle once and your at work the next moment!
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 04:19:50 AM »

Where, indeed? I'm in Seattle, welcome to the club!
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ReeveSteves

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 04:33:20 AM »

The XU obviously handles my commute perfectly, but more than one or two errands and I'm coasting home. I'm in Olympia, and as far as I can tell have the only Zero in town. I will be using the SR to handle the local day trips, trips to Tacoma, Centralia, and when I want to do an overnight or full day trip to Seattle. For longer touring I have a gas BMW with cases.

I loved test riding the S but know that in a year I'd be hunting for a Size 6 controller upgrade, so went ahead and did it now. Go big or go home, right? The Zeros are still expensive and if I'm going to put up the money to be an early adopter I may as well do it right.

Hopefully someone will snap up the 2011 XU. I want to sell it for a very fair price, it is under warranty and has a good battery. It's the perfect bike to figure out if electric is something you'll enjoy without putting too much money in, or if someone wanted an electric dirt bike. I'm planning to list it on the local CL but perhaps should put it here first just in case.

Side note: has anyone in the Seattle area used the CHAdeMO chargers that are part of the Electric Highway with a Zero? I don't want to drop the money on that option if it is useless. I do hope someone comes up with a genuine Level 2 charger that fits the Power Tank space as I believe that would be a really good option for these bikes. The battery is getting to be a very good size, it's just the time to refill that produces anxiety. In many ways the 2011 XU was perfect for that as it would do a bulk charge in just over an hour, an easy amount for a single stop. Charging speed is actually what took the FX out of consideration for me, since it charges at half the speed of the S/SR in addition to the shorter range.
Pages: 1 [2] 3