• May 05, 2024, 06:09:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 DS BMS code  (Read 839 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
2013 DS BMS code
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »

I went out for a quick ride today and plugged the bike in and it charged liked normal.  Dash light flashed green and about 2 hours later charge light was solid and the clicking sound was coming from the charger like it always does when it is done.  I looked at the BMS window and saw the 3 green LEDs flash in a two outer LEDs on off and middle LED flash on off, alternating.  No red LED at all.  I unplugged the the bike and looked at the idle mode BMS and only saw the far right green LED flash on and off.  I turned the bike on and dash showed full charge and all four LEDS were lit on the BMS.  I don't have a smart phone so can't get any error codes from the app.  Any ideas what the BMS is trying to tell me?

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
Re: 2013 DS BMS code
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »

It's all normal.

The three green lights alternate flashing is balancing.

The single green light flashing is Healthy in Idle state.

The four LEDs lit when the bike is on says the bike has a 100% charge.

You can see the BMS light patterns explained in the manual at http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2013/2013-Zero-Owners-Manual-S-DS.pdf
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:02:44 PM »

Thanks, I guess the best problem to have is no problem.  I could have sworn I saw the three Leds build up from charging but I was wrong.  I looked at the BMS codes from the manual and it didn't seem to explain what I was seeing but glad it was reader error and not an issue as I love riding the thing more than I ever dreamed.  Most fun I've had since my first car many years ago.  Thanks again.  spoke too soon  getting warning lights now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:22:49 AM by NEW2elec »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:55:37 AM »

well today I didn't have my last (full) bar after sitting about 6 days unplugged.  I started off and the regen in eco mode was basicly not there, later in the ride it seemed to pick up again.  I got 70 miles of tame back road riding about 45-55 mph (went over the 9000 mile mark) and had 2 flashing bars by the time I got home.  I plugged it up and all seemed fine flashing green light=all good.  About 5 hours later I go out and its clicking and popping in some type of rhythm 3 or 4 clicks pause and two longer clicks.  The BMS is doing the 2 outer green flash then center green flash which is balancing I guess while the dash charge light stays solid and then one quick flash about every 3 mins.  I turned the key on and still don't have my 11th charge bar.  Now in ON mode the BMS shows all four LEDS flashing on and off.  I live in the south east and just can't leave it plugged up all the time with all of our thunder storms. So is my hour and a half ride going to mean 3 days of charge time?  Have I lost 10% of charge capacity after 9000 miles?

Pages: [1]