• May 09, 2024, 09:11:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SRF still having charge issues please help  (Read 333 times)

gstrub

• View Profile
SRF still having charge issues please help
« on: June 16, 2021, 03:53:59 AM »

Hello again,

So I had posted previously about this and the issue kind of self resolved but has now returned, so I am concerned.

2020 SRF, 4000 miles
Plug into 110V outlet with provided cord, clicking from plug, no whirring, then red light on charger.

This happened last time I got below 25%. Bike is at 22% right now. Last time it charged on a 6kW clipper creek when this happened and then suddenly worked on my outlet after being off for a day.

It’s reading 96F on ambient temp outside.

Firmware 17, battery pack ver 14, updates won’t work and I couldn’t get it to update last time through bike or phone:((

I’m taking it to dealer 7/9 for 4000k service and recalls so if there is anything that needs fixing that would be the time since dealer is a 6 he drive.

Errors 19, 21, 35, 38, 39 but can’t tell when they are from, first time I have checked in a while.

Thanks in advance,
G

Auriga

• View Profile
Re: SRF still having charge issues please help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:12:01 AM »

It's weird to have different firmware on the battery and the MBB, especially that many versions apart. If you're coming off a hard ride, the battery could be too hot to accept a charge as well. The temperature on the dash is usually ambient, and not the battery temp it uses to decide that.

Based on these, either the evse is going bad or the chargers on the bike might be, Or it had a fault. Pilot signal invalid can indicate either.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen3/Error_Codes

Its impossible to be certain though, as Zero has told me they do not test divergent firmwares and its possible this is fixed in the latest. I'd have the dealer update everything, test the chargers, and send the logs to Zero for analysis.

gstrub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 06:11:50 AM »

And once again, I took it to a clipper creek charger, plugged it in for 1 minute, charged at 5.7, then went home and plugged in my turbo cord at 110V and it works.

I am stumped, what could this be?

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 12:13:23 PM »

It's pretty weird, yes.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 12:41:21 AM »

My gut still says either a FW bug caused by mismatched BMS/MBB FW versions and/or a failing charger. I don't think anyone is going to be able to offer you a definitive answer there. If the dealer can reproduce it, then they should be able to fix it.
Pages: [1]