• May 08, 2024, 09:00:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is it the contactor?  (Read 1265 times)

Reaper

• View Profile
Is it the contactor?
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:35 AM »

I've almost got it.  I've got everything wired to my sevcon controller, magura throttle and mars brushless.  I turn on the power...

And the diagnostic LED flashes an error message.  I've clearly tripped a failsafe.  I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

The hall sensors are wired correctly I triple checked.

I've got the positive end of the battery pack on one end of a 300 amp fuse and the other end of the fuse is connected to a1 on the contactor and a 15 amp fuse for the keyswitch.

I've got a throttle set for 5k-0 mode using only the brown and blue wires with one end connected to pin 11 and the other end connected to pins 2,fs1 switch, seat switch at pin 5 and B-.

I've moved the 3 heavy gauge wires around under no load to no effect.  Is there something that I need to do with the contactor polarity or programming side?  What Ami missing?

Thanks everyone for your help I am almost there.

picasso

• View Profile
Re: Is it the contactor?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:59:53 AM »

Does the error flash = a code? or just a blinking error light? I've never played with the sevcon's.

Reaper

• View Profile
Re: Is it the contactor?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:45:05 AM »

It flashes incessantly.  I guess that there's a patter. That is supposed to tell me more information, but I just called thunderstruckev and they told me some VERY interesting information.

The economizer circuit on my ev200 contactor will cause all kinds of problems.  Worse,  if it's rated for 12v it will blow up the controller.  Yikes!  I need a 24v contactor.  They said that if I cut the economizer circuit it might work... Or blow up my 500 dollar controller.

After making me VERY nervous about whether or not my ev200 was a 12v contactor, they told me about symptoms of a blown controller.  No heat, no smoke and I still have my diagnostic led.  I breathed a little easier.

I think I'll buy a new contactor.
Pages: [1]