• May 04, 2024, 09:35:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Based on SRF specs, what would you like to see in the 2020 line ?  (Read 704 times)

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-srf/

I would say:

A simpler line fitting the variety of needs:
     - A long range rider (SRF base, but able to go to 250 km so that you can really do rides with a 1.5 hours lunch break)
     - A city rider with an option for < 15kwh (this is what you need in Europe to be riden without moto licence) [Zero S base]
     - A strong super moto with more torque, acceleration control  [FX/FXS base]

For the specs:
   - acceleration control
   - design allowing for a SRA certified anti theft equipment (asked for by insurances)
   - an app that let you limit the speed at lower level to ensure you dont break the speed limits (max = 50 kmh in France)
   - acceleration control
   - option to have more torque (900 amps + 75.10)
   - service options to secure out of warranty users (and ensure you find people to buy you used bike) - new engine sold with limited margins, half battery at a low price (giving a cheaper option in case of battery issues after warranty is over)
   - a small door to let you use the cylindric hole in the frame to store stuff (like a spare cable and/or rain pants)

Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

flattetyre

• View Profile
Re: Based on SRF specs, what would you like to see in the 2020 line ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:47 AM »

--Professional tasteful designs instead of whatever the hell this new thing is
--Liquid cooling for motor (and battery?) so it doesn't overheat after 3 minutes of track riding
--Better aero. We get it, you make naked bikes and for whatever reason don't like fairings. Yet, they're sorely needed for the street bikes for people who want to ride highways fast with good range.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 07:51:06 AM »

Same things I want every year:

1.  Ability to program more than one custom mode (maybe this will trickle down).
2.  Progressive regen.
3.  Improved dealer network/customer service.

Also, I know someone's going to ask for it, so I'll go first:  2020 models should cost less than a bicycle, should be able to circumnavigate the globe 3 times before charging, and then charge in 12 seconds.  If Zero can't do that by next year, they will immediately go bankrupt and I will continue to drive my diesel 4x4 pickup truck with a motorcycle sticker.  Additionally, if they charge more than a 50cc scooter, then they are fleecing us and should be boycotted.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:13:38 AM »

Same things I want every year:

1.  Ability to program more than one custom mode (maybe this will trickle down).
2.  Progressive regen.

The SR/F seems to offer both of these. I don't think the S/X platforms can adopt these features, and that was the point of the new platform.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »

Also, I know someone's going to ask for it, so I'll go first:  2020 models should cost less than a bicycle, should be able to circumnavigate the globe 3 times before charging, and then charge in 12 seconds.  If Zero can't do that by next year, they will immediately go bankrupt and I will continue to drive my diesel 4x4 pickup truck with a motorcycle sticker.  Additionally, if they charge more than a 50cc scooter, then they are fleecing us and should be boycotted.

LOL!

1. More range
1. Even more range
1. Reduced diminutiveness of riding distance on a charge
2. NAV system, or WiFi-to-phone integration for that purpose
2. Keyless fob (ha!)
2. Storage auto-unlock when bike keyed on
2. Quick-swappable Charge Tank, Power Tank and Storage Compartment Tank
3. Wheelie mode (just go WOT and it regulates the angle at the configured clock hour)
3. Stoppie mode (integrated into ABS)
3. Kneedrag mode (turn the bars steeply, and traction control works together with the throttle)
4. Look less pregnant
4. Integrated dating app (similar to Refrigerdater, but more about riding than diet)
4. Secret camera facing the rider that they "forgot" to tell you about but is "not yet" enabled

DynoMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 02:15:47 AM »

More attention to smoothing out laminar flow, Fairing with storage.

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 02:34:43 AM »

^This, with an eye to all-weather commuting without getting the rider nor all of his stuff soaked. And DC charging off the Tesla Superchargers while retaining 6kW AC with a J1772 or Tesla inlet and room for the Power Tank.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 03:07:33 AM »

I was thinking earlier today about the possibility of a larger battery.  Those lighter colored U-shape brackets on the battery side of the SR/F... what if those are de facto spacers?  What if the SR/F frame is wide enough for a new, wider battery... but that no larger battery will appear until their existing stock of 14.4s are depleted?
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

FuzzyTrace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 03:14:35 AM »

I only need 2 things:
   - vertical take off and landing
   - being able to wash it

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 06:01:27 AM »

And thus the tricky bit of motorcycling rears its ugly head when people don't actually want streamlining, they want what they think is streamlined aka race bikes. Which aren't streamlined. Which have regulations assuring their shaping is specifically not streamlined.

What would you like the bike to look like, DynoMutt?
Pages: [1]