• May 04, 2024, 11:18:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zero receive another $3.5M loan from Invus  (Read 2302 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Zero receive another $3.5M loan from Invus
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 12:06:24 AM »

Tesla did say they would be hiring more techs with part of this savings as well.  So yeah Zero find money through cost cutting and up the tech staff.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 03:30:27 AM »

Unless, maybe, you're Tesla. Maybe they think they don't really need to attract customers. To this day (AFAIK) they haven't paid for a single advertisement in any medium.

That is interesting.  I didn't know that.  I guess Tesla is depending upon the general press to advertise their vehicles for free.  There seems to be at least one article in my newspaper regarding Tesla every week.

Zero ads, on the other hand, seem to show up on all of the internet forums that I visit.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DynoMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 12:27:45 AM »

Dynomutt: The Amazon example was more to the fact they were unknown and doing something that hadn't been done before.  Old style financial analysis kept harping on the fact there was no profit from selling books online but they missed the bigger picture from what it could be.
I agree using their components for other uses could be a nice money maker.  Plus the new faster charging SRF platform could really make fleet sales an unbeatable option for cops or small delivery uses (500lbs carry).  Why they haven't made a work/play quad yet is beyond me.

But as for what a company can do when they cut their operating and overhead costs.  Cutting Tesla stores in this case.  Here is an article about Tesla dropping their high end prices by closing Tesla stores and of course other cost savings in production of batteries and manufacturing.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/01/tesla-model-s-x-price-cuts/?yptr=yahoo

Tesla is different from Zero in that Tesla from the beginning had no desire to play ball with the existing power structure (dealership) and instead did all they could to disrupt and subvert.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it looks like Tesla has run out of piss and vinegar on that.  Zero OTOH is playing ball with the existing structure to try to build a network.  Apples and oranges.
Pages: 1 2 [3]