• May 07, 2024, 11:41:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dead charger, what are the options?  (Read 1642 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Dead charger, what are the options?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 03:41:42 AM »

@Richard230

I have a QuiQ for Zero 2013+ that is collecting dust at the local makerspace in Sparks NV (East Reno) and not being used since my bike was destroyed. Yours to have if you will come pick it up.

Thanks for the offer, Shadow.  That is very kind of you.  But I have decided to buy my daughter a new stock charger as she understands how it works and is comfortable with Zero's charging system.

It sounds like Pacificcricket is up for it, though.  Besides, I really want to see if it is her charger or her batteries that are defective.  If a new charger will recharge the bike to 100% and then shut off like when it was new,  that will prove to me that the batteries are OK and the bike is likely to keep running for years to come.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 02:29:08 AM »

@Richard230

I have a QuiQ for Zero 2013+ that is collecting dust at the local makerspace in Sparks NV (East Reno) and not being used since my bike was destroyed. Yours to have if you will come pick it up.

Thanks for the offer, Shadow.  That is very kind of you.  But I have decided to buy my daughter a new stock charger as she understands how it works and is comfortable with Zero's charging system.

It sounds like Pacificcricket is up for it, though.  Besides, I really want to see if it is her charger or her batteries that are defective.  If a new charger will recharge the bike to 100% and then shut off like when it was new,  that will prove to me that the batteries are OK and the bike is likely to keep running for years to come.

Copy.

If he doesn't take it, I would be interested (would pay shipping, etc).

Ok. Prior to the loss of bike I was going to continue documenting the DIY instructions for HK-H 1800W charger and the QuiQ had served as a complement / backup unit. Happy to pass the connector parts and QuiQ, other Zero 2013+ parts, along to anyone interested in that.

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 03:48:55 AM »

Ok. Prior to the loss of bike I was going to continue documenting the DIY instructions for HK-H 1800W charger and the QuiQ had served as a complement / backup unit. Happy to pass the connector parts and QuiQ, other Zero 2013+ parts, along to anyone interested in that.

Sent you a private message...
Pages: 1 2 [3]