Tech > Tech Help

Optional 12 volt accessory outlet

(1/3) > >>

DonTom:
I own a couple of Zero bikes. A 2017 Zero DS ZF 6.5 and a 2017 Zero  SR  ZF 13 with the power tank.

I have successfully added the optional  12 volt  outlet to the DS with no issues.  I found the connector under the "tank" plastic.

However, on my SR which has the power tank, I cannot find the accessory connector anywhere. Where could  it be?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Shadow:
Same location. This was discussed recently in another forum thread. Anyone remember the thread and can link to it?

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
Wiki reference: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#S_Platform_Routing

For the Power Tank, your dealer may have moved the connections, and also they will be less accessible with the Power Tank in place. You may have to remove the tank plastics completely and try fishing around for it from in front / under the frame shoulder.

Shadow:
Found it: Need help installing SAE USB accessory has pictures clearly showing the PowerTank.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: Shadow on August 19, 2017, 08:16:11 AM ---Found it: Need help installing SAE USB accessory has pictures clearly showing the PowerTank.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, but the connector type shown there does NOT match the white cigarette adapter plug connector.  Nor does it match the type used in my 2017 Zero DS bike which I have connected up just fine.

But I guess it doesn't matter, as I also cannot find one that looks like the one shown in the video.

I decided it is not worth tearing the SR with pwr tank apart trying to find it. I just wired it into the low beam of the headlight. I don't care if it loses power when on high beam. It's mainly just to run the power for my added GPS, but I would also like to be able to use a tire pump from it if possible, if ever needed.

I wonder why Zero decided to put the connector  in such a stupid location to begin with.   IMO, in the headlight area is where is should be or any other place where you don't have to tear the bike apart to get to it.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version