• May 18, 2024, 09:24:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SRF / SRS  (Read 1654 times)

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
Re: SRF / SRS
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »

I ordered a premium model on Sat Feb 29, dealer informed me the bike will be at the dealer Tuesday March 10 (this is the custom build time, since I was initially told the pre-made bikes at Zero had been purchased or accounted for).
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »

Not too bad.  Let us know when you get it!

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

af1 racing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 03:07:22 AM »

our blue SR/S demo arrived today....come ride it later today in Austin, TX.

Our grey showroom stock bike also shipped, it'll be here in a couple days.  Available for sale.

can you post photos? with the cases too?

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 05:59:07 AM »

Wow not bad af1 racing!!
What's the price for this setup?

vfkf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 02:07:10 AM »

our blue SR/S demo arrived today....come ride it later today in Austin, TX.

Our grey showroom stock bike also shipped, it'll be here in a couple days.  Available for sale.

can you post photos? with the cases too?
I noticed the SR/S tail is longer than the SR/F one. I wonder if those hard cases would fit the SR/F too.
2020 Zero SR/F
-2013 Zero S ZF8.5 (up to 2019)
-1998 Honda VFR800 (up to 2019)
-1984 Honda Interceptor 1000 (up to 2016)

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 08:57:39 PM »

A top case would be useful on the srf. My problem is that when the case is off, the mounting rack and plate form will ruin the look of that bike.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 12:43:35 AM »

You could mount a pillion cover or something when the box isn't there, but isn't the point of a top-box that it doesn't disturb the airflow so you don't take it off?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 01:58:56 AM »

You could mount a pillion cover or something when the box isn't there, but isn't the point of a top-box that it doesn't disturb the airflow so you don't take it off?

-Crissa

Yes, but the SRF doesn't look the best with a top box in my opinion. While it may be required on occasions to carry things, I would mostly ride without it, with the mounting hardware/platform visible...
Anybody with a photo of his SRF without the top box on?
And what do you mean by pillion cover? Covering the platform? What do those look like?

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 05:30:52 AM »

So i began to have a little new model envy when I saw the SRS.  I am very happy with my SRF but I wondered if I should have waited the extra year.  When I really thought about it I came upon the realization that it is essentially the same bike except:

1- The fairing.  The first aspect of the faring is looks.  That I know is totally subjective.  TBH I like the looks of the SRF more but that is just me.  Aerodynamics and range: Well it looks like the real range gains comes only when you tuck behind the shield.  I mean they give the base range as same as the SRF.  I don't normally like to ride like that.  I mean I could probably get very close to the same gains if I tuck behind my windshield.  So if given a choice I would still go with SRF

2- Ergonomics:  I like the more relaxed riding position with the raised bar and lower pegs.  Luckily I already installed bar risers and I ordered the lower pegs.  I can't see much difference with the pillion seat but I rarely ride two up.  So essentially it is a wash.

3-Color: So I like the blue SRF but I REALLY like the blue SRS.  I can wrap or paint the SRF being there is so little painted parts but I would really like to have the blue plastics from the SRS.   I guess I'll wait to see if after some time and wear I want to change the color of my SRF.

4- I really like the rear end design on the SRS so much better.  I thought the top box solution on the SRF was very poorly designed. It looks like a homemade bolt-on part.  I hate that you have to remove the silver trim pieces from the SRF to mount it.  I really like how the rack and case mount is intergrated into the rear of the SRS.  This is one advantage of the SRS I will have to live without.

So all in all, with the addition of the windshield, bar risers and  lower pegs, I am happy with my choice of the SRF.  Once again, this is just my personal opinion and I can well see why someone would want the SRS over the SRF., If given the choice again I would probably choose the same.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 05:41:10 AM »

4- I really like the rear end design on the SRS so much better.  I thought the top box solution on the SRF was very poorly designed. It looks like a homemade bolt-on part.  I hate that you have to remove the silver trim pieces from the SRF to mount it.  I really like how the rack and case mount is intergrated into the rear of the SRS.  This is one advantage of the SRS I will have to live without.

Complete agree with that statement. The SRF was not designed from the start for a top box mount in my opinion.
Removing the silver trim pieces, and adding an additional platform at the back of the bike ruins the overall aggressive look in my opinion. I wish there was a fix for that...

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 06:35:23 AM »

Here is my solution to carrying to much stuff on my Zero S.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]