• May 07, 2024, 12:58:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56684 times)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2017, 01:15:49 AM »

Welcome Butch. Yeah, hard to beat Electric. Lots of us have neglected gas bikes. You just ride off-road?
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

ButchtheBARFdude

• Poseur
    • View Profile
    • BARF
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »

Welcome Butch. Yeah, hard to beat Electric. Lots of us have neglected gas bikes. You just ride off-road?

I have a sport bike and a motard and I regularly enjoy the twisties. We have some great racetracks around here too.

Yesterday I rode the tard (TM Black Dream) but today I will ride the Alta...
2017 Alta MX019
2018 Alta EX006
2018 Alta SM025
2005 TMRacing 530 Black Dream
2001 TMRacing 250 2T
2006 Yamaha R6; KR Yellow

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »

I found this forum wandering around the internet.  I recently got a 2017 ktm battery free ride.  Over 300 miles at this point.  Ride almost exclusively on private land.  The rear brake on the handlebar has made me pretty much stop riding anything else.  I shrunk a smat phone picture for an avatar but the avatars here are real timy.

Form still owned by the same guy who started it 10 or so years ago?

I am interested in discussing the possible future of electric bikes.  be it diesel generator and battery or just battery or even fuel cell.

I test rode a Zero FX but the suspention and crash durability seem much more to my needs with the ktm.  The ALTA while more advanced is too heavy especially for the cost.

I will try and add my avatar picture here to start.

It does not appear this forum has galleries for members.

I see a modifly function I am using now, like an edit elsewhere, how long before that function disappears?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:58:14 PM by Fran K »

CHL

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »

Hi, thanks to add me as member.
New french owner of a 2017 Zero S 13kWh leaving Ouest France.
Happy to read here informations on Zero and particularly on DigiNow :)

ButchtheBARFdude

• Poseur
    • View Profile
    • BARF
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »

I have been poking around here. This is a good site. Pretty impressive.
I am very active on bayarearidersforum.com so I have posted a linky to here for those who have interest in electrons. http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505668
2017 Alta MX019
2018 Alta EX006
2018 Alta SM025
2005 TMRacing 530 Black Dream
2001 TMRacing 250 2T
2006 Yamaha R6; KR Yellow

ZRESTO

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2017, 05:18:04 AM »

Hi all. I'm an old fart 69.....riding every year for 51 years. Lately i'm getting intrigued with the e-bikes...especially the zero FXS 7.2. I currently ride a highly modified 2015 Yamaha FZ07....but at my age find myself only doing short rides of 50 miles or so. After all the research...I am drawn to the ZERO FXS 7.2. I can't spend 10k for a new one....so i'm looking for a used one to buy. If you have a 2017 or 2018 ZERO FXS 7.2...let me know. I'm in Atlanta Georgia...and i'm ready to buy right now.

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2017, 05:17:31 AM »

Hi Butch.  I'm a bay area guy too, have perused BARF sometimes.  Good to see you here. 
We do rides sometimes, indeed this Sunday we are going riding from Livermore to
Carnegie SVRA, 22 miles including Tesla Rd.  I imagine we should post on BARF too,
the e-moto people are invited, and the e-curious as well.  Usually the participants
are Zero riders, but we've had Energica and ZEV and Harley folks as well.

Hi ZRESTO, CHL, Fran, as well.  Good to have you in the forum.

edteamslr

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »

Welcome Forum People. I'm (soonish) going to be a KTM Freeride-e owner. My finger is itching on the new 2018 with the extra range and the chance to lease batteries by the month. I tend to do small competitions offroad but the road manners and ability to register it wont hurt if I want to drive to the shops on it. I'm also looking to charge the bike with my solar panels and, when required, take an inverter generator with me to events with a spare battery. Champion do a 3.1KW/13A charger so I might give that a go.

calamarichris

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »

Heya. Calamarichris in Carlsbad here, looking forward to test-riding a Zero SR down in San Diego this weekend. Been riding and wrenching for decades, but my commute is so short, I feel pretty foolish starting an internal combustion engine to make it.
Have over a quarter million miles and 16 broken bones behind me (hence the chopped & fried squid reference), and I figure there must be something to this electric torque after having a Tesla keep up with my BMW F800GT. Also have an old carbureted 02 ZX9R with 88,000 miles on it.
Will probably have some questions in the future, especially about getting my dog  to work on this bike. If anyone finds themselves in Carlsbad needing a charge, shoot me an email: calamarichris@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:55:49 PM by calamarichris »
2018 SR14.4 (in January 2018)
2015 BMW F800GT
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R
2000 Kawasaki W650 (2)

RhinoAdventureGear

• View Profile
    • Rhino Adventure Gear
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a Bay Area vendor for the Ubco 2x2 and found this forum while educating myself on e-bikes. So far my only riding experience (gas or electric) is with Ubco's dual electric drive on a beach and some trails during a camping trip to the Lost Coast. So, it's been fun reading about some of the different bikes occupying other niches of the motorcycle market. I know this is a biased audience, but I can't stop telling everyone I know what a game changer electric motorcycles are! (again, my experience comes from cycling and mountain biking rather than gas bikes... but still!)
Outside is better.

Leaver

Re: Welcome!... greetings from Alaska
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

Greetings to all you good folks.  Great to be here.

I'm brand new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.  I do not YET have an electric bike (I do have an electric car and an ICE bike), but I'm hoping to change that soon.  I can see there is so much great information here and I look forward to reading the various posts.  I have been researching E-bikes for the past couple of years and have an idea of what I'm looking for.  So it'll be great to get some opinions.  I'm located in Alaska where any EV is rare, but they are starting to get some attention.

Anyway, it's great to be here and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

zeronoide

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2018, 04:03:35 AM »

Hey what’s up everybody!
I guess I should start with that I’m totally new to motorcycles let alone electric motorcycles, which actually sparked my interest being all electric. I just bought a 2014 Zero S from a close friend and I figured I’d come and check out how to fix a few problems plus see what the latest and greatest mods are. I’m excited! ;D

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:00 AM »

Welcome!

macosie

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:15 AM »

Hi everyone,
I've been toying with the idea if an e-moto for a long time. Bought plans for the el-chopper but haven't been settled enough to build it.
Will be moving back to Canada, and decided to get a Rumble as my commuter. Its a small bike/scooter with a 100km/60mile max range, and 70kmh/44mph top speed.
It has a speaker for those who want to be heard.
I like the odd design and leading link front suspension.
I'm looking forward to starting my ev journey.
Future ambitions include getting a hybrid or ev car of some sort. Also, I'm toying with the 'what if I could get a Johammer J1 chassis' idea. I have an idea of what I'd like to do to the body.

Concerns... The demise if Brammo and all the issues with the Zeros have me worried. I like things that last, having owned several old/vintage ICE bikes and cars. $16000 on a Honda and I know it should be around in 20 years. That doesn't seem to be so with the modern electric vehicles. (As compared to 100 year old electric cars). What happened?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2018, 08:55:00 AM »

I think it's too soon to speculate on longevity of modern EV's.  There are a lot more choices now and a lot of OEM's involved.

Where in Canada are you moving to?  I like the Rumbler too!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33