• May 10, 2024, 12:50:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero SR power loss - refusal to start  (Read 5996 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Zero SR power loss - refusal to start
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 09:45:26 AM »

I think I will bring the bike into a Zero dealer now, but just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it. This is not quite the same problem as the OP, but close enough...

I have a 2014 S with power tank and have over 18,000 miles on it. It previously had the onboard charger and the controller replaced (both over a year ago). It has been running fine up until a week ago. Now it will completely lose power (even the headlight goes off)--once you come to a complete stop it resets itself and you can continue on like nothing happened. This happened again yesterday, and it thankfully only happens at very low speed (5 mph or less, it seems). It seems when you go completely off the throttle and are coasting to a stop, it completely dies: the dash display goes blank, the headlight turns off. Now today it happened three times on my way to work! So it's getting worse, it seems.  But always either rolling to a stop or once when I was just moving the bike in my driveway.

Maybe I should just pull the seat and do a basic visual inspection of all the connectors, as I imagine the bike could be at the dealer for months (judging from my past experiences). I should look to see if the error log has anything.

Bad key switch? Got a bike log handy?
Pages: 1 [2]