Tech > Tech Help

Zero FX: riding with different voltage status of the batteries?

(1/1)

Christian Frankl:
Hello,

I would like to know, if it is possible to start riding from my home with both batteries charged fully.
Then, when I am at my local dirt track (only 2km´s away) I would like to remove one battery and ride on with only one battery, because of less weight.
After the first battery has been finished, change to the second battery. Then start riding with the second battery.

To ride back home, I have to put in both batteries again. In that case, the two batteries have different voltage status.
Is it possible to do that or does it harm the batteries or maybe doesn´t work at all?

Thanks for your help!

firepower:
From other posts where same question asked, I remember answer was it will only use the battery with the highest voltage.
When both batteries have same voltage (balanced) it switch to using both batteries.

here is the owners Manual it may have more info.

http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2014/2014-Zero-Owners-Manual-FX.pdf

Doctorbass:
That is exact !  ;)

Btw your question is excellent !

These battery have a semiconductor switch inside each  that activate or not each.  Both output are connected in parallel only when both of  the semiconductor are ON.

But when both are not at the same voltage this mean only one is connected meaning also close to half horsepower. you should get max 27hp instead of 44hp.

Doc

Cortezdtv:
Very interesting
I have plugged a half pack and a full pack in and had full power

Wonder how different the 13s and 14s are

m0t0-ryder:
Be aware that MY14 on FX'es there is a loopback plug that needs to be inserted in the removed battery connector to allow operation. This loopback connector is found in the front battery bay up above where the battery sits.

Firepower is correct in his description.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version