Tech > Tech Help

Have you seen this fuse?

(1/3) > >>

Doug S:
My 2014 SR refused to charge as of two days ago, plugged into my outdoor outlet the way I have for over a year now. I get no click from the main contactor, no lights on the dash, no failure codes or any LEDs on the front of the battery pack. It's just plain dead.

My first guess was that there was a blown fuse on the line voltage side of the charger, and the owner's manual shows right where that is. But I had the same problem dgh853 had: it ain't where they said it was. There are only two fuses located where the owner's manual says there are four, and neither of them are the 20A line fuse, they're the two 4A high-voltage fuses to the step-down converter and the rest of the instrumentation.

dgh853 believed he'd found his problem, the high-current fuse on the charging side of the charger, but since I'm getting no lights, no contactor, no nothing, I'm pretty sure that's not my problem. (In addition, I can't believe I've blown a 100A fuse with just the onboard charger!). I'm still pretty convinced it's on the line-voltage side of the charger. I called my dealer, and they called Zero, but there wasn't much help to be had.

I'm attaching a picture of the (incorrect) diagram in Zero's User's Manual. Fuse #1 is the 20A line-voltage charger fuse that I'm looking for. Has anybody run across this fuse??

firepower:
Dont know if this helps but here are the fuses for the 2015 DS/S/SR

firepower:
ABS Fuse 2015 DS/S/SR

firepower:
High Voltage Fuese 2015 DS/S/SR

m0t0-ryder:
Has this been resolved yet?

Biggest clue here is no lights on the BMS card (front of battery LED's).
Could be a dead BMS.

You should get LED action when the key is turned on or charger is plugged in. (there is a hibernate mode where the BMS lights may go dark)
Try resetting the BMS itself.
This is found under the rubber plug on front of battery, near the sight window.
It's a small microswitch. Press and hold for about 10 seconds.
The BMS "should" wake up and start displaying some LED activity.
If not... call your dealer as it's likely got a dead BMS card.

This is assuming you have found and tested the primary fuses noted above. Specifically # 1-3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version