General Category > General Discussion

Today's Tesla news

(1/2) > >>

Richard230:
This afternoon it was reported that Tesla has finally given up on the idea of manufacturing a BEV for around $25K. If it was me I would have given up on that idea, which was announced four years earlier, long ago.  ::)

Musk says the report is a lie.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: Richard230 on April 06, 2024, 03:16:08 AM ---Musk says the report is a lie.

--- End quote ---
See here.

"Elon Musk confirmed that the car will cost $25,000. "

-Don-  Reno, NV

Specter:
Tesla has always been NOTORIOUSLY late actually releasing stuff he promises.  (often times the specs quietly get downgraded quite significantly too)
Just look at his power wall as a good example, however Enphase is pretty much kicking his ass there, but anyways.

He may still put the vehicle out.... 10 years from now, when the price of lith finally drops to where he actually can afford it.  Or a new tech comes out for storage.

Since he really has not said much, if anything, about any of the other specs of this expected vehicle, except for the price. It could be just about anything,  Tesla's version of the Yugo.  Maybe he will suddenly decide he likes motorcycles afterall.  OH hey look my son likes bikes, so I'll make a bike for him too, like the truck.  A bike / bike like vehicle, he could do at that price.

Aaron

Richard230:

--- Quote from: DonTom on April 06, 2024, 06:38:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Richard230 on April 06, 2024, 03:16:08 AM ---Musk says the report is a lie.

--- End quote ---
See here.

"Elon Musk confirmed that the car will cost $25,000. "

-Don-  Reno, NV

--- End quote ---

I heard on the CBS radio national news again this morning that Tesla is dropping the idea of building their $25K hatchback and will be using the staff that was on that project to work on Musk's version of a self-driving "robotaxi".  Yesterday Musk said it was a lie, but my money is on the news that the project has been canceled in favor of the robotaxi. However, I doubt that is going to go very far either anytime soon.  Certainly not if cities in the SF Bay Area have anything to say about it.   ::)

Specter:
Unless they have them on some sort of leash or like on a monorail or something, I can not see them letting a 'robo' anything loose on the streets.
Too many pedestrians to get run over if something glitches, OR they decide to do a whiplash wang and hop in front of it on purpose for some of those Bocu Tesla Buxxx.  Not to mention, in those kind of area's  that thing would be robbed and stripped down bare for crack money in probably about 30 seconds flat.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version