General Category > General Discussion

Forum Down

(1/2) > >>

Specter:
So it seems the forum was down for a few days here.
Is there some way possibly you could give a few trusted members the power to reboot it or whatever it may have needed to reset / restart it, so that next time, one of them can possibly  fix it and not have to wait for you to have to find time in your life to get a chance at it?

Im fairly familiar with the simple machines software, although am running an older version on my website just as a FYI.

Be nice not to have the forum drop for 2=3 days yet at the same time, understand you are not married to the forum either and Do have a life, so offering a possible alternative solution.

Aaron

MVetter:
I spoke with the site owner, skadamo, because his "is my site down" alert system did not alert him the site was down.

"Host changed php version on me. Looks like my down detector failed me. I an going to have to do a big overhaul to get to latest php version soon. Know anyone good with graphics, css, html?"

Any knowledgeable volunteers? Please remember he's been paying for this place out of his own pocket for many years at this point.

Specter:
When I talked to you a few days ago Morgan, remember I said this is probably one of the scenario's that put his site down.

Tell them to roll the version of PhP back to what he was using and LEAVE IT THERE!!  His host should have zero problems doing this,  if so then get another host.

As far as changing the stuff, sadly I am not that good at this whole php, and the database thing yet, but am told it's not that hard to do.
However riding a bike is not hard to do either, but until you DO learn it, good luck, so there is that.

If he finds someone who is good with this stuff, tell him to reach out to me, I need work done on my site too eventually and id like to work a deal with him / them, maybe do a duo of sites and Ill help him pay for it, in return.

Also if they need, I have a domain or two that are basically parked, if they need to fiddle with shit to get it to work, I can dig them up and let them use one to test layouts until they get it proper, then merge it back with the proper roots established etc.  He'll understand what that means.

Aaron

MVetter:
I know what all that means, too. I'm just relaying his request. He's the one who has kept the lights on for this place all these years so I'm not going to tell him how to run his ship.

Specter:
Nobody is trying to tell anyone how to run their ship, just offering help if I can, geez.
forget I asked.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version