• May 27, 2024, 04:27:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kawasaki fielding a bike  (Read 1263 times)

Pard

• View Profile

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Kawasaki fielding a bike
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 01:56:24 AM »

https://www.rideapart.com/news/689714/kawasaki-electric-bikes-launch-us/
I wonder when Kaw will build a real electric motorcycle, instead of little toys.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 02:21:46 AM »

https://www.rideapart.com/news/689714/kawasaki-electric-bikes-launch-us/
I wonder when Kaw will build a real electric motorcycle, instead of little toys.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Agree with you there Don...with a range of just 41miles or 66km....one would argue if it's worth Kawasaki bothering to do it. I couldn't even get to work & back on my daily commute with that. I do ~110km return trip for my daily commute, the Experia will easily get me there and back twice...with quite a bit to spare too...and it's 95% 100kmh (60mph) motorway with little to no regen.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 03:35:03 AM »

Oh are they launching them over there too? We have a big thread about this somewhere in General. It looks like they made a choice to use the removable batteries and everything has led off that choice in bad directions.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 05:20:22 AM »

Bahahhaha what a joke of a motorcycle.

Kawasucki are a bunch of clowns when it comes to EVs.

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023, 05:42:27 AM »

it sounds like the big three trying to catch up to Tesla
2024 Energica Experia

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 05:55:28 AM »

Oh are they launching them over there too? We have a big thread about this somewhere in General. It looks like they made a choice to use the removable batteries and everything has led off that choice in bad directions.

https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12825.0
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2023, 08:20:52 PM »

What if it is not a bad choice.  If you park the bike and take the two battery modules inside with you the theft risk is low.  No joy ride, a good portion of the parts value is missing.  In a place where battery sawzalls are used to cut out catalytic converters this is a line of thinking.

Unlike the Zero dual battery fx (discontinued) it seems not to mind different charge levels or age.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 09:25:48 PM »

They're just listening to Fort9.

He makes some real arguments as to why Electric Motorcycles should be more $5000 Metacycles and Less $30,000 Zero/Energica

*edit* Let's see if Sondors Metacycle, Super 73 C1X, and the Ryvvid Anthem move more units than Energica, Zero, and Livewire. I mean the Sondors is the only one you can actually buy, but the C1X can take CCS and charge it's tiny battery in the blink of an eye. The battery in the Ryvvid drops and has a handle and wheels like a roll away suitcase. Removeable batteries are a real benefit for urban apartment dwellers. If I lived in the city and was in the market for a $3000 electric bicycle or kickscooter, the value that another $3000 would add to get me into a $6000 electric motorcycle would be appealing.

we (Zero, Energica, and Livewire owners) are not the target audience for the new electric Kawks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:39:32 PM by Motoproponent »
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 07:16:30 AM »

Those drop out and charge batteries may not be too popular and in fact some places are moving to outlaw charging them in apartments etc after a few high profile, e bike charging fires tore through some apartment complexes and killed people.

Yes yes, we know, cheap shit chineese bikes, with cheap shit chargers, and god only knows how the bike was treated, was it left in the rain to get wet, etc etc etc.   But all the sheeple see and hear is.... Electric Vehicle...... Fire...... BAAaaaAAaaAAAddeddDDDDDD
and then another stupid ass warning or law is born.

Aaron

PS,I DO love the idea of a plug and play battery.    Many complain about the cost of the battery being the biggest part of a vehicle.  Imagine you buy a vehicle for 20k,  and RENT batteries for say, 10 dollars a fill up.  You pull into a charge station and sort of like a fork truck, they undo two clips, the battery plops out, it is dolly'd away, a freshly charged battery is dollied up under the car, ZZzz click click, new battery is latched back in, and you got another 300 miles range in say 10 minutes top to swap.   About the time it takes to take a piss and gas up.

When the batteries start going bad,  refurb / rebuild /recycle, whatever is appropriate.
I think it could work.

Valen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2023, 02:36:28 PM »

I think the range is quite good for an electric bicycle but i wonder if you can order performance parts like pedals  ;D

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2023, 07:24:07 PM »

Here is a link about the Kawasaki bikes that illustrates how the removable batteries work and it also shows a picture of the nice looking instrument display: https://thepack.news/spark-a-new-era-with-kawasakis-first-ev-motorcycles-z-e1-and-ninja-e1/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 12:14:51 PM »

Yes the bike is a toy and tech data are piece of s**t compared to Energica/Zero/Lifewire. But I embrace that 1st attempt from Kawasaki! Is will find a few buyers and, more urgent, tho concept will be improved over the years. And somewhen, they will offer a bike that represents status quo. I just hope they will catch up as others are already far beyond…
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2023, 01:47:20 AM »

I think the range is quite good for an electric bicycle but i wonder if you can order performance parts like pedals  ;D

I get much better range, (~170km) out of my electric scooter....and it can do well over 100kmh..! On private property of course.. ;D

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0968/8318/files/Comparatif_trottinette_electrique_100_kmh_dualtron_thunder_x2_nami_viper_1024x1024.jpg?v=1638794494

Smithy.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:51:52 AM by smithy »
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

marcthompson

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2023, 07:34:30 PM »

I've been riding the Zen Photon e-bike and it's remarkable. Its top speed of 28 Mph is exhilarating, perfect for both city rides and outdoor trails. The 1040 Wh battery capacity offers a great range, up to 85 miles. Plus, the 500W motor with 120Nm torque provides enough power and smooth acceleration, making uphill rides a breeze. It's a solid choice for anyone looking for performance and reliability in an e-bike.
Pages: [1] 2