Makes And Models > Energica

Balancing time

(1/4) > >>

Specter:
Ever since I had my bike upgraded to the most recent version of the software,  2023 Ribelle, I am seeing that it is taking MUCH longer to balance the batteries now.  It will finish charging then take a few hours of balancing, before it only took maybe an hour or so.  Any ideas on this?

Aaron

MVetter:
Maybe they changed the delta value for max imbalance, meaning it has to end up in a more uniform charge across the board. Or maybe you've had some aggressive rides in the colder weather recently which is causing greater imbalances as impedance is so much greater in the cold.

edit- or maybe it's neither of those things! I don't get a patch notes list with firmware updates sadly.

Specter:
The aggressive rides could be it, but they are really not that much more aggressive then well, normal, especially now that it is cooler out, I tend to take it a bit easier, that ride gets cold at highway speeds !! and the tires are cooler too, so don't need any slick moves with reduced traction.

I could see if I was doing 100 mph all the way home where they batteries may have had a bit of a workout but at 75 - 80 which is normal traffic speeds, they should be able to handle that without any major unbalancing.

I wish there was a way I could see the code, be curious just to see what makes it tick.

Aaron

SwampNut:
As batteries age, the imbalance grows.  I've got dozens of RC model batteries and have seen this repeatedly.  Also, smarter chargers take longer to balance than shitty ones, so that suggests that doing a better job takes longer.

wadejesu:
You mean it goes past the hour it used to be set at for balancing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version