• May 14, 2024, 11:23:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56770 times)

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2015, 12:28:55 AM »

Hello another new member here. I'm from the Netherlands an on the fence of buying a Zero to replace my petrol BMW.

SteveInNC

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

Newbie saying hello! I have a Zero SR w/PP ordered. I live in Western NC, USA and I'm just a few minutes away from Hwy 80, Hwy 226A and Hwy 181 if you're familiar with those sweet roads. I've been riding an '07 KTM 690 SM (the I-Spy one) since it was new and love it. I don't think I can bring myself to part with it so, I'll keep it for the times the SR is just not enough. I think I'm going to really like the SR. :D

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:58 AM »

Hello all,

After being on the fence for a long time, bought an Zero DS 2015 today (demo) and traded in my Honda Fury (VT 1300 CXA). I will be using the DS for fun rides and commuting as well.

Greetings from The Netherlands
pre-owned: Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki GSX-R750, Honda Fireblade '05, Honda Fireblade '09, Honda VFR1200F, Honda Fury 1300 CXA, Govecs Go! 1.2S, Zero DS 12.5, Honda NC750 X DCT, now Triumph Bonneville T120

uhoherk

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2015, 02:55:04 AM »

Hey! I've been lurking also and just order a 15 Zero S from the guys at Contra Costa Powersports.

Getting rid of my old 01 SV650S and I am super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2015, 06:20:32 AM »

Hey! I've been lurking also and just order a 15 Zero S from the guys at Contra Costa Powersports.

Getting rid of my old 01 SV650S and I am super excited.

Welcome! I'm living in Oakland and have taken rides out there and up and down the Wildcat Canyon area in between. I'm hoping to be able to ride through Mt Diablo park and other areas with an upgraded charge setup.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »

Hello all,

After being on the fence for a long time, bought an Zero DS 2015 today (demo) and traded in my Honda Fury (VT 1300 CXA). I will be using the DS for fun rides and commuting as well.

That name ;D

Do you commute in the Randstad?

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »

Hello all,

That name ;D

Do you commute in the Randstad?

Yes. Hilversum - Amsterdam - Utrecht and A little more south. Will pick up the DS next week and can't wait!
pre-owned: Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki GSX-R750, Honda Fireblade '05, Honda Fireblade '09, Honda VFR1200F, Honda Fury 1300 CXA, Govecs Go! 1.2S, Zero DS 12.5, Honda NC750 X DCT, now Triumph Bonneville T120

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2015, 01:29:35 AM »

Met zo veel Nederlanders hier wordt het wel tijd voor een elektrische meetup toch?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2015, 02:31:57 AM »

Zeker wel, alleen waar? Iedereen moet het kunnen halen (actieradius) en weer terug.
Of allemaal verdeelblokjes meenemen.. ;)

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »

Utrecht?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »

Yesterday, i picked up my 'new' DS '15 (demo) from the dealer in Amsterdam.
On the way, i was driving my Honda Fury with mixed emotions, as i was going to say goodbye to her and Honda reliability in a couple of moments. Another sad thing was, that it started to rain.  I wasn't prepared for such weather. Soon, my nike's, socks, jeans, and not-waterproof motorjacket were soaking wet. As i arrived at the dealership, i wondered if driving the DS back home in weather like this was a good idea at all.. The delivery when smooth and after the paperwork i waited an hour or so for the typical dutch weather to improve. Unfortunately, god had other plans for the evening and as the shop closed doors, i 'fired' up my new bike!

The 45 minute drive home, during the most severe rainstorm in the Netherlands since the beginning of 2015, was a joy. Even with my testicles as wet as the North-Sea, i was smiling. I passed two gas-stations (gas prices in Netherlands double or sometimes nearly triple those in the US) and said some goodbye's to them as well. At the same time i figured it was a good testcase for waterproofing the DS. All went fine and this morning, the Zero woke up as it should.
 ;D

Greetings from the Netherlands.

ALFA ELECTRIC SCOOTER

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

Hello Everyone, I am new here. A supplier with electric scooter. Hope we can learn more from this forum. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sreuter13

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2015, 01:33:10 AM »

hello I am thinking of starting a conversion on a 1986 Ninja 1000. any thoughts or suggestions?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:25 AM »

hello I am thinking of starting a conversion on a 1986 Ninja 1000. any thoughts or suggestions?

Welcome! Try the homebrew forum section.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:47 AM »

Greetings from Norway  :)
I just recently bought an almost new 2015 Zero SR as my first motor bike.

I have not yet taken my driving license, but I am looking forward to starting courses when the winter has passed. I have been waiting for the "right incentives" for taking this step for fifteen years (or so), and finally I decided to take the plunge.

My main incentive is commuting to work, battling traffic which tend to jam pretty well during the warm season. I was long pondering on buying an electric scooter or moped to travel to the nearest train station, but it did not seem a good solution overall, as the mopeds seemed weak and I'm not too fond of unreliable crammed public transportation.

So my thoughts wandered along the path of buying an scooter that would take me all the way to work, and while that seemed like a great solution for commuting, my desires went more along in the direction of Zero S which  had caught my attention. Now as the cold season was approaching I was pondering on whether I could get a good deal on a 2015 bike -perhaps even an SR if I could stretch my wallet as much.. And that is about how it went- I bought the display model from the dealer at price I almost could afford  :P.

There are of course plenty of reasons why I want electric, probably the same as many of you
- it is the ideal ride, silent, little or no pollution..
- cheap to ride (when the bike is bought)
- little maintenance required
- My mind is more geared towards electronics (I'm not a typical petrol-head).

I also figured an electric bike would be the ideal beginner bike as there is no need to fumble with clutch and gears, and having the option to customize the maximum torque output. Not that gears scared me too much - I have to learn to ride a petrol bike anyway to gain the driving permission for a motorbike, but I figure this will be slightly safer and much more fun riding in traffic..

Now the hard part is waiting, having the bike in the shed. I have tried a couple of times making 8's in the local parking lot, but I have to limit myself on that, as it is compulsory to have some tutor / or teacher until the day I have the license in my hand.

Cheers!
-Yngve
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33