• May 05, 2024, 03:16:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cooling the brushed motor  (Read 802 times)

nigezero

• View Profile
Cooling the brushed motor
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:58:54 AM »

Hey all; after burning out my brushes recently, Im getting ready to re-install my new replacement motor which Zero have graciously provided, despite the fact Im out of warranty.

While its apart I have been looking around to see what I can enhance or improve. Two things are on my list:

Cooling and protecting the motor
It just doesn't seem right to be sucking air from under the mudguard and blowing it all over the brush plate. I also wonder if more air would help. Fixes aren't easy, wondering if anyone out there has come up with a neat solution?

Retractable power cord
Take one vacuum cleaner, and smash it to pieces with a hammer. Extract the retractable power lead and jam it in a gap somewhere so you can reach hard to get power points and don't have to screw around every time. That's the plan anyway....

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
Re: Cooling the brushed motor
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »

Hi Nigezero
attached a pic as cooling is done on a Zero MX for racing purposes. Works fine even in the mud ! The fans are always on though. So you get little bit more noise ...

as for the cord - rather do a "tank cover" type plug as somewhere in this forum to plug it in easier.

So hope you get your motor fixed soon so we can ride again  ;)

Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto
Pages: [1]