• May 08, 2024, 01:49:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Have you recommissioned your motor?  (Read 3231 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Have you recommissioned your motor?
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »

and.... back to the topic!   *magic wand*   ::)

idle

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »

2016 DSR, 21,600 mi

Had dealer do first 2 service intervals, so if I'm following the manual correctly, I haven't had done motor recommissioning done since 600mi service. The bike has been extremely reliable.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2019, 07:46:56 PM »

I continue to wonder why "commissioning" was never mentioned before the IPM motor was introduced (in 2017?)? Neither the owner's manual for my 2012 S or my 2014 S said anything about needing "commissioning" at any time during the life of the bike. It was only when I bought my 2018 S, with its IPM motor, that commissioning reared its confusing head.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 06:06:37 AM »

I was told to do this stuff, they have to log on to the Zero Dealer-only Website and it must be done while Zero is Scott's Valley is open, as some  of this is done from Zero after they are connected up to my bike. And from there, they get my latest FW updates and do the motor commissioning for my bike.
Um, isn't that sort of a REALLY BIG PROBLEM for those who live in other time zones? Europe, Asia, etc, etc?

Just -- wow!

(Others may have commented on this ... I'm working my way through this thread ...)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 06:12:23 AM »

And I think Zero SHOULD be forced, by law, to offer all repair tools to any interested parties.
I think Zero SHOULD be forced, by law, to provide us with unicorns. For a nominal fee, of course.
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 06:37:42 AM »

I was told to do this stuff, they have to log on to the Zero Dealer-only Website and it must be done while Zero is Scott's Valley is open, as some  of this is done from Zero after they are connected up to my bike. And from there, they get my latest FW updates and do the motor commissioning for my bike.
Um, isn't that sort of a REALLY BIG PROBLEM for those who live in other time zones? Europe, Asia, etc, etc?

Just -- wow!

(Others may have commented on this ... I'm working my way through this thread ...)

Europe has their own support office. Between them and the US one, I don't think there are any significant gaps

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2019, 12:22:20 PM »

My dealer talked to Zero about recommissioned the motor. He was somewhat surprised that Zero indeed recommends to do it, but he (and all other Dealers in Switerland) never got told und trained to do it. Thats strange... He also told me, that in the "near" future, Zero will have altered their Firmwareupdate at the dealer in a way, that automatically should recommission the motor, without having the dealer know mutch about the process or even call Zero for assistance. Maybe they are planning that step for a while and won't train the dealers because it will be obsolete, but thats jus guessing...
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]