• May 14, 2024, 03:57:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Another 2012 Zero S with motor problem  (Read 4793 times)

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
Re: Another 2012 Zero S with motor problem
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »

There are only 14 2012s in that survey.....

I've owned more than that; all pre 2012's ..... And never had any issues
I didn't find it necessary to enter any of my bikes on the survey.... Sorry would take me way too much time

12s are the dud years. It sucks I have a few with issues as well, but the fact is I've fixed more zeros than most people have seen.... So you can think my ideas or thoughts are ludacris but I don't give a shit, I know what it takes to work on and replace parts one all of the x platforms....
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 02:15:47 AM »

Moving back to the thread -

Good luck with whatever you choose to do Vanessa.

Peter

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »

Thanks, Peter. I haven't figured out what I'm doing yet. I feel like my bike is being held for ransom. I can't really afford to pay for the new motor. But if I don't pay, I don't have a bike.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »

How have you tried conctacting zero? Who did you speak to? Did you let you dealer so the talking for you?

I would try contacting zero directly see if you can get them to give you a deal on the motor, and then talk to the dealer and make them give you a separate dealing on the labor, every little call might help....
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 08:12:49 PM »

I had been in email contact with someone at Zero before I took my bike to the dealer, so I'd emailed him last week to ask whether there was anything Zero could do to help me out. I hadn't received any reply after several days. So I actually did call Zero directly a few days ago, and GOOD NEWS! They are agreeing to pay at least half of the cost. They said they might cover the whole thing if they find that the problems started while the bike was still under warranty and if they can get confirmation from the dealer that the bike is in good condition. That was a couple days ago. I'm still waiting to hear that verdict. But at least I won't have to pay for the whole thing, which will really help me out financially. I am much relieved.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 02:57:44 AM »

Sounds like you have a cheap ish fix then possibly...
Please post when you hear more!

hopefully it all works out soon!!!
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 03:00:27 AM »

I would call and be that squeaky wheel with the dealership and zero to get them working swiftly to fix the problem; so far it seems like they have. I hope to see this continue, It's been happening more and more.
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »

Vanessa:

Coleman Powersports in Falls Church replaced the motor on my 2012 DS. I've ridden over 8k miles since then with no issue.

Note: It did take over a month from the time I dropped it off until they called to say it was ready. But I am pleased with the results. (If it makes you feel any better I'm 4.5 hours away from Coleman.)

Good luck.

I had been in email contact with someone at Zero before I took my bike to the dealer, so I'd emailed him last week to ask whether there was anything Zero could do to help me out. I hadn't received any reply after several days. So I actually did call Zero directly a few days ago, and GOOD NEWS! They are agreeing to pay at least half of the cost. They said they might cover the whole thing if they find that the problems started while the bike was still under warranty and if they can get confirmation from the dealer that the bike is in good condition. That was a couple days ago. I'm still waiting to hear that verdict. But at least I won't have to pay for the whole thing, which will really help me out financially. I am much relieved.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:25:15 AM »

Thanks for the info evdjerome. It's been about six weeks since the bike was delivered to Coleman Powersports. It took them almost a month just to give me the motor diagnosis. I'm still waiting to find out whether Zero will pay for the repair in full, or just 50%. I called Zero yesterday, and it sounds like they are still waiting for Coleman to give them the info they need to make the determination.

FredyMercuryZF9

• I like riding the magic boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 08:47:28 AM »

I had the motor problem at the beginning, so at the time the dealer fix it with epoxy  :o.
He told me he was not impress by the quality of the 2012 motor. In all case i have now 6100km on the bike and no other problems,
i do not push it tow much over 130km/h you can feel the thing doesn't like it too much....
Regarding patience and waiting i had my dose .2 week once 3 week twice . and now i am still waining for my zero xu  for a power pack replacement since September 2013...
Note to say i have 2 Zero , one S zx9 and one xu 2012.
I notice that dealer do not know much about electronic and power pack.
Sometimes to resolve a small issue it take a lot of time.
Good luck .
Fred

Nemo

• Zero S ZF9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »

Hi Vanessa

I have almost the same issue on my 2012 SF9,

My story start back in last october  with the software upgrade, like you I had to go twice at the dealer because the update didn’t work and of course the dealer is at 1 hrs drive from home.

I spoke with somebody at Zero about my issue because even after the second firmware update I still have the stuttering issue and since the winter is at our door I didn’t have the chance to go a third time to the dealer, but I want them to know that I still have the issue.

Anyway, that guy left Zero and I didn’t get news from them anymore.

At spring when I took back my back,  I though “magic though” that everything would be normal but it became worst and worst.
Sitting on my bike at home ready to go and ……. F**k, my bike went on reverse for about 4 feet, I almost fell down so I wait for 1 hrs and then tried it again.  But after that, don’t know why, for some reason the bike want to go on reverse here and there, even on the highway at 100km/h (60 mph) it try to go backward….  That was the last time I took it.

When I contact Zero again, they told me that the guys who was taking care of my file is no longer working for zero and Aaron Cheatam ( Director of customer Experience ) took over and he told me to send my bike to the dealer.

That was 7 weeks ago.

Since then, every week I’m calling Zero and the dealer to see whats going on but both are telling is the other  doing nothing.
Yesterday I’ve receive and email from Zero :
Hi Dominic,

I am sorry it is taking so long to get the issues resolved with your 2012 Zero S.  Per the description, I have asked Zack to follow up with the team at Newman Motorsports to see if the motor was successfully re-commissioned.  Otherwise, I think the next step would be to consider a motor replacement.

Zack, please work with the team and Newman to ensure we get an update to Dominic quickly.

Regards,
Aaron
Zero Motorcycles, Inc.

>:( >:(

But the good thing is i'm still under warranty, now let see what Zero will do !

Dom
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:45:46 PM by Nemo »

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »

Hey Dom, i'm in Quebec and i believe that you are in Montreal right? ( Newmans motorsport?)

I also have a 2012 S ZF9 and had that glitch problem. Fortunatly i have high skill in electronic and i am familar with the Zero architecture and i'm helping my local dealer to solve many technical problem for his clients.

I got my motor ( model me0913) sent back to Zero for repair ( fix the encoder problem) and reinstalled it and recomissioned it and it worken fine after that.

But few month after i modified my Zero and installed a 2013 motor on it. Now i still have this Me0913 motor sitting in my garage that is like new. If your dealer still have difficulty and continu to extend the delay, i could suggest your dealer  to buy my repaired motor  to fix your problem. If they are not familar to make the recalibration ( recomissioning) i can do that here for you, well i am offering you a faster alternative.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

Since then, every week I’m calling Zero and the dealer to see whats going on but both are telling is the other  doing nothing.

What the hell. I'm in the exact same situation. One month down and both parties seem to be incapable of contacting each other.

When I call / email Zero and get a response straight away, ditto for the dealer. I've put them both in the same email thread with full contact details of each other and it's still been four weeks of nothing happening and both saying they're waiting on the other party. I'm pretty patient, if they were waiting on parts or something which has an inherent delay, no problems. But 4 weeks for two people to have a phone call and a remote desktop session is starting to get beyond a joke.
2014 Zero SR

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »

I have great news! I heard from Zero today, and they've agreed to pay for my motor replacement in full! I'm so relieved. They said they looked at the logs from my bike, and although they couldn't tell definitively when the motor problems started, they did see many faults that were suggestive of motor issues going back a ways. So they said they'd replace the motor as a good-will gesture. It's been several weeks to get to this point (to just start the repair process), but I'm so glad to be able to look forward to riding my bike again sometime soon, I hope before the summer ends!

Dom and Phreak, I'm so sorry to hear that you're in the same situation and you're waiting so long, too. I definitely experienced some of that, where it seemed one party was waiting for the other. That's why it's taken this long. But progress did eventually get made. (Now I just have to wait for the parts to come in and the repair to be done.) All I can suggest is that you continue to periodically check in and give them a nudge, so they don't forget about you. Please keep us updated on the progress. It's really unfortunate that we have to suffer through these motor issues. I know all we want to do is get out and ride!

Chocula

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »

Patience is not your friend when dealing with repair shops.  Either it is actively being working on or it gets shoved into a corner and forgotten about. 

Keep pestering them to make sure they are making progress and ask what the next steps are and when they will be completed.  If they are waiting on parts, etc., from zero, you should be pestering Zero during that time.  Use your judgement for how frequently to contact them, every few days seems reasonable to me.  Getting the tracking number when "the parts were shipped yesterday" can save you a few weeks of waiting in case the parts didn't actually get shipped.  You will also know when to start pestering the dealer again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3