• May 05, 2024, 10:51:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2  (Read 31184 times)

Ciscone

• View Profile
Re: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »

Not yet, asked about and got lazy Answer: Status: Pending.

Ciscone

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »

quick info for you guys.
had another call some minutes ago (because it feels like a prank in the meantime)
ill call them every 2-3 days and get alot of blabla.
they switched beginning this year to SAP and had alot delay in their "management" + orders.
blablabla...
to make it short, my contact is waiting for a "debitor" number for me that he can give out the psu to me.

all i can say is sorry for the delay guys. 60 miles away from my home is a big dark storage room and there are waiting tiny little powerfull playtoys for us :P

btw: shut up and take my money doesnt worked here  ;D

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »

Hey Ciscone,

Lolled at the shut up part ;)

Thanks for the heads up, all the other stuff for this project is dripping in so I am soon ready for the PSU's ;)

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2017, 12:11:54 AM »

Well, I've built my box, and it's almost ready for testing. All I need is a 680 Ohm resistor, which somehow is nowhere to be found on my E24-reel :P

On the EVSE part it's a Mennekes 3-phase connector, connected to the box with 5x2,5+2x0,5 cable. The box then passes L1, N, PE and CP through to the J1772 connector on the other end. The box in between taps off L2/N/PE to the left C19 connector and L3/N/PE to the right C19 connector.

I also soldered the SBX connector to the battery cable (A slight overkill, with 16mm2) and began testing with the Arduino Leonardo CAN...
All that's missing now, is the flatpacks. And the resistor of course but I imagine that's easier to fix than the flatpacks ;)

**Small update:

Checked the specs, and apparently the lower the value the more current is requested by the charger. 220 Ohm requests 32 amps, but the ppm duty cycle of the CP signal tells the charger how much it can actually charge. So I put two 120 Ohm resistors in serie that I had laying around, getting 240 Ohm. Best case it signals 32A which I'll never use on a single phase, worst case it takes one step lower at 20A which is enough for my max 4kW per phase...

I'll test as soon as I have time, which I seem to have less and less of these days...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:01:45 AM by Skidz »

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2017, 12:29:12 AM »

Just tested the junction box, and all works as advertised  :D

Used a light bulb to test the C19's, and it lit on both phases.

Quick question: Is the charge fuse of 100Amps just connected to the aux Anderson, or is it also in the circuit with the onboard charger? I am wondering since at full power the current should be around 75 amps when the flatpacks arrive, so I theoretically would blow the charge fuse if I were to add two more flatpacks... Unless the onboard + charge tank are on another circuit of course. Then I could add another 3,6kW without worrying if the fuse would blow.

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2017, 12:35:44 AM »

Don't forget that the Anderson connector pins are rated at 110A, and it is advisable to keep some margin.... This connector is only intended to add the "official" external chargers, max 4x1kW!!
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »

Quick question: Is the charge fuse of 100Amps just connected to the aux Anderson, or is it also in the circuit with the onboard charger?

Both the onboard charger current and the aux charge port current are running through the charge fuse, so you'll need a direct controller connection to avoid blowing it when using another pair of flatpacks. But actually the fuse is quite slow, so it'll hold quite some time with a current of 110 or 120A. (I checked the fuse diagrams a while ago)
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »

Hmm, any news on the group buy?

I'm getting a bit disappointed as it was originally said, it takes about 1-2 weeks, now we are more than a month and so far no news :(

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »

Yeah @Ciscone, any news from Eltek yet? My setup is ready for some sweet high speed chargin' lovin' ;)

I decided not to go overboard and won't order two more flatpacks. If I'd add two more, the charge current max would be something in the neighbourhood of 120 amps for about 40 minutes, and blowing a fuse when you're out and about somewhere doesn't fit in the relaxed things category ;)

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2017, 01:32:03 AM »

Watch out with blowing the fuse, especially on low SoC because the amperage will be higher. I've managed to blow one with my Chademo setup that was capped at 8,5kW.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »

@Ciscone: Any news yet? Last post was march 29th :P

Ciscone

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2017, 05:40:48 AM »

hey guys,

yes there are news.... got mail yesterday:

Hallo Herr xxxxxxx,

wir haben es nach einiger Verzögerung geschafft den Auftrag im SAP anzulegen. Lieferung eintreffend 21.04.2017.

Wir wünschen frohe Ostern !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

ELTEK DEUTSCHLAND GMBH

Julia Wienberg
Auftragsabwicklung

for english people....

Delivery to me is 21.4. .....so in one week i can start to send out your playtoys.

probably 2 more are available. one guy send me an message that he dont want to wait anymore. i send him the info that they are now one week away (awaiting answer)
so if anyone is interessted....let me know...

:D

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »

Hey Ciscone,

Great news! Let's hope you'll sell the other two as well... If the charge fuse was larger I'd buy them...

Thanks!

Ton.

forestlane

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 02:01:35 AM »

Hi guys,

it all looks very exciting and interesting. It is close to what I am looking for for my Zero S 11.4 2014.
Does it fit under the 'tank'?
Is it possible to see a homemade 'Supercharger' somewhere in the Netherlands?

@Skidz : do you have the working prototype version 2?

2014 Zero S, 2013 Tesla Model S

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2017, 02:08:48 AM »

Hi Forestlane,

I'm waiting for the Flatpack's to arrive, the guy that's arranging the group buy (Ciscone) should get them in a week. After that it's a matter of programming them to the right output voltage and my setup is finished. If all goes reasonably fast then the charger should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

Remmie1972 and Erasmo have a working V2 as far as I know of in the Netherlands. The only difference between their setup and mine is that i'm also using the chargetank for an additional 3.8kW of charging. I'm located near Leiden, and as far as I can tell Remmie and Erasmo are somewhere east of Utrecht I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23