• May 19, 2024, 11:33:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Finally, some interest from people met!  (Read 990 times)

kensiko

• View Profile
Finally, some interest from people met!
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »

Just wanted to post my joy.

Yesterday I went for a bit of shopping and people saw my helmet and many of them commented about driving my bike on a relatively cold but sunny day (4 deg C). Each time I said that I was mainly using my bike because it was not using gas. They all thought I was saying it was not burning much gas. But each time I insisted saying it was not using any gas. They were all surprised and were happy to know that there were now great electric bikes!

I even had someone on the parking asking me questions about range, because he knew Zero bikes existed and had already looked to purchase one, but the 115 km required range was too much for him to use it. After looking at his route, I definitely think that the Zero S 2014 with power tank would be enough! I told him on the parking that the 2014 model would possibly be enough. I hope he will have a look at it.

Anyway I hope to have other rides like the last one!
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: Finally, some interest from people met!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »

I get lots of people coming over to ask about the bike, mostly in the summer, and usually younger guys, early 20's.

If the car park is big enough I let them take it for a spin around if I can.  They always seem excited about the prospect, especially now when I can mention the SR model and how fast it is.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Finally, some interest from people met!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »

I've been using my 2013 DS daily for a year now, and get questions on pretty much every other time that I encounter someone. The biggest reaction was just after I brought it home, I rode it to the BMW dealer to pick up a RAM mount for my phone, and had a group of men and kids excitedly running across the lot to ask questions.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]