• May 15, 2024, 01:09:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Livewire vs Zero SR/F test  (Read 5500 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Livewire vs Zero SR/F test
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »

I rode last weekend with Carla - she told me she had the PowerTank battery in her SR/S. I think Terry Hershner also has the PowerTank?

Beta testers?   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Yamanatc

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2022, 11:18:09 PM »

A couple posters mentioned Track Days / Racing, and it being air cooled; if anyone has any questions about the Race Weapon of the Zero, please watch this video, and remember, it was recorded over 5 years ago, when the Live Wire was still just a spark. Like the video says, try and count the number of bikes it passes - easier to count the bikes that pass it, I count Zero:

Warren, the 'S' owner.
Most Recent:
'74 TZ750
'69 TD2
'62 TD1A
'58 Goldstar
'55 YA-1
Coming Soon:
'18 SR

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2022, 11:47:11 PM »

A couple posters mentioned Track Days / Racing, and it being air cooled; if anyone has any questions about the Race Weapon of the Zero, please watch this video, and remember, it was recorded over 5 years ago, when the Live Wire was still just a spark. Like the video says, try and count the number of bikes it passes - easier to count the bikes that pass it, I count Zero:

uhhhh

Zeros overheat almost immediately on the track. A video of that guy passing a bunch of tiny old cafe racers is not what one might call compelling evidence. Fun fact: Zeros can do two laps at Seca before thermal cutback happens and power is limited. Look, the air-cooled IPM motor they designed and built is phenomenal for 99% of regular riding. But no, it can't handle sustained full power laps at the track. That's why Refuel is a single lap Time Trial.

Oldun

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »

Having ridden both and opted for a LiveWire because it came with dealer support and - still to me after a year's ownership - terrific performance on a flawlessly finished product - I can confirm that when I was in the EU for work and got stuck there due to border closures, I rented a LW from an EU dealership and besides just commuting, took it out on the autobahn, where it kept up close to 180km/hr for 20 minutes (with very short periods of braking back to 130-140 to overtake) and it ran absolutely fine flat-out. Mind you, had to find a Level 3 charging station quite soon thereafter :-) 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]