• May 15, 2024, 06:39:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why does the LW sell so well at 30K$?  (Read 2752 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Why does the LW sell so well at 30K$?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »

At that price the bike becomes very competitive with the Zero and Energica.
Not in my opinion. No level two charging, no reverse, cannot add any luggage, centerstand, etc. Even slow to charge on CCS.

Still over-priced for its features,  IMO.

But I do wonder what the new LW will be like. There is a lot that they can improve.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 02:36:33 AM »

I just bought my 2020 LW yesterday for $22k MSRP. It was a demo model and the dealer wanted it gone. I test drove it the day before the LiveWire event and held out on a deal until that happened. The dealer tried to get me to buy at $25k, but I told him unless he could compete with the LiveWire One MSRP - then I would take my happy ass down/up/over to CA, TX or NY to buy a 'new' LiveWireOne.

Within a few hours he called me and conceded $21,999. I traded in my 2017 DSR and walked (rode) away with a $16k 2020 LiveWire. Loving it so far and glad I waited until after the LW event to settle a price.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2021, 04:44:21 AM »

MMMMmm so the cheapest 2017 DSR listed on Cycle Trader is $12,500.  You got $6k for the trade-in so you lost at least $4k from the value of the DSR.  The Harley dealer went down $3k from his first asking price on a bike that they really did want to get rid of.

As long as you're happy, I know the dealer's happy.   

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2021, 05:27:13 AM »

DSRs go for about $11k in my area and I only paid $10k for it used and put 13K miles on it in less than 9 months.

I was given $8.5k as a trade in and this is the only HD LiveWire at a dealership in my state (from what I could tell when I purchased). Although they may have gotten a better deal on the trade in - I don't have to sit on it for a long time. The used EV market is hard, as people are skeptical about usage and charging. It's their problem now (selling it). I walked out at $16k - good enough for me.

Plug-n-Play

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 05:38:00 AM »

DSRs go for about $11k in my area and I only paid $10k for it used and put 13K miles on it in less than 9 months.

I was given $8.5k as a trade in and this is the only HD LiveWire at a dealership in my state (from what I could tell when I purchased). Although they may have gotten a better deal on the trade in - I don't have to sit on it for a long time. The used EV market is hard, as people are skeptical about usage and charging. It's their problem now (selling it). I walked out at $16k - good enough for me.

There's definitely something to be said for making a bike sale the dealer's problem - they are better equipped to do it, have the time to do it, and if they can't sell it on their floor, they have access to wholesale channels to dump it. I've tried to sell three bikes recently and it was a huge waste of my time and in the end I was only able to sell one for more than what the dealer would've offered me in trade. A bike is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Book value be damned.
2022 Energica Eva Ribelle

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 05:51:12 AM »

:)  just a cheeky comment on my part.
I read the post then thought good deal then I thought wait not so good a deal.

All kidding aside it's a shame more people don't buy and sale private any more.  Better for both parties.
Most people can't get a loan for a used vehicle at the bank and sellers get tired of waiting so it is what it is.

Yours will be the more valuable Livewire in years to come, so there is that.

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 05:25:55 PM »

There's definitely something to be said for making a bike sale the dealer's problem - they are better equipped to do it, have the time to do it, and if they can't sell it on their floor, they have access to wholesale channels to dump it. I've tried to sell three bikes recently and it was a huge waste of my time and in the end I was only able to sell one for more than what the dealer would've offered me in trade. A bike is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Book value be damned.

Yep, and if they have someone in another state or region that runs a dealership - they're more likely to work up some exchange or back scratch. I think the biggest hurdle is that no one knows EV motorcycles exist beyond our little community. When I bought my DSR, I drove all the way to CT from VA to buy it - there just wasn't anything closer for a good deal. The owner just wanted to get rid of it at that point.

ADVENTURESonZERO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »

:)  just a cheeky comment on my part.
I read the post then thought good deal then I thought wait not so good a deal.

All kidding aside it's a shame more people don't buy and sale private any more.  Better for both parties.
Most people can't get a loan for a used vehicle at the bank and sellers get tired of waiting so it is what it is.

Yours will be the more valuable Livewire in years to come, so there is that.

Yep, it is a shame. I think once the communities get bigger and more main stream (for EV moto), selling privately won't be an issue. I didn't want to pass up on the Harley Davidson branding - it gets a double "holy ****, it's a Harley!?" when people come over to check it out when I charge.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2021, 08:51:31 PM »

I have yet to see a LiveWire in person. But I should rectify that situation at the Northern California motorcycle show this weekend, where they will be offering test rides on the bike.   ;)

On the other hand, I have already seen a couple of H-D's new 1250cc ICE V-twin adventure models recently that were introduced to the market earlier his month.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 11:06:20 PM »

One came to the bike church down here last year.  It was quite a sexy bike, Richard.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2021, 11:23:52 PM »

One came to the bike church down here last year.  It was quite a sexy bike, Richard.

-Crissa
Yeah, it almost looks like it is  worth 30K$. Looks much better in real life than in photos.  But not my type of bike for other reasons.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X