• May 15, 2024, 05:59:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any word on the Del Mar  (Read 2449 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Any word on the Del Mar
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:02:13 PM »

They were supposed to reveal it today...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

shayan

• View Profile
Re: Any word on the Del Mar
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 10:52:23 PM »

Looks like it's at 12:40pm CST: https://www.livewire.com/delmar
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 02:26:18 AM »

Here ya go. From the LiveWireEV channel

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 03:37:02 AM »

H-D previews their new LiveWire S2 Del Mar electric motorcycle model in this review. I was surprised by this statement in the article: "Reservations for all 100 units of the Launch Edition got scooped up within 18 minutes of the pre-order window opening."  ??? : https://www.motorcycle.com/new-model-preview/2023-livewire-s2-del-mar-launch-edition-first-look.html
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 06:13:54 AM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 11:09:10 AM »

So it’s a 2016 Zero SR in 2023 with half the range, how exciting!
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 05:59:13 PM »

H-D previews their new LiveWire S2 Del Mar electric motorcycle model in this review. I was surprised by this statement in the article: "Reservations for all 100 units of the Launch Edition got scooped up within 18 minutes of the pre-order window opening."  ??? : https://www.motorcycle.com/new-model-preview/2023-livewire-s2-del-mar-launch-edition-first-look.html

So... $18K to be a beta tester for them.  Nice...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 08:11:51 PM »

So it’s a 2016 Zero SR in 2023 with half the range, how exciting!
..with about twice the power, and designed by someone with actual eyes.

Cas :)

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 10:31:36 PM »

SR motor 52kW ~70hp

Del Mar motor peak 80hp

80 / 2 = 70

math checks out

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 12:00:19 AM »

I got on the reservation list right at 12:40 yesterday.  Was really disappointed with the low range, heavy weight, heavy price, and lack of level 3 charging.  If this was a 10k bike, maybe it'd be OK, but this spec sheet seems like it should be for the light weight bike.  Unless something drastically changes, I won't exercise my reservation when the time comes.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 12:13:22 AM »

I got on the reservation list right at 12:40 yesterday.  Was really disappointed with the low range, heavy weight, heavy price, and lack of level 3 charging.  If this was a 10k bike, maybe it'd be OK, but this spec sheet seems like it should be for the light weight bike.  Unless something drastically changes, I won't exercise my reservation when the time comes.

You realize there are NO bikes in that price range capable of DCFC, right?
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 12:27:59 AM »

Certainly I do.  Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed that this bike lacks it.  It does not compare well to Zero's in my opinion.  Price parity will have to happen some day.  Given the One, which came out 3 years ago isn't much more expensive (has dcfc), I didn't think it was too big of a leap to think they could have gotten those specs for a little under 20k.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 02:23:00 AM »

SR motor 52kW ~70hp

Del Mar motor peak 80hp

80 / 2 = 70

math checks out
We all know the SR in reality kicks out only 35bhp after a minute because it overheats. The Del Mar appears to be liquid cooled (probably lower amperage too?)

Cas :)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 03:28:11 AM »

Certainly I do.  Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed that this bike lacks it.  It does not compare well to Zero's in my opinion.  Price parity will have to happen some day.  Given the One, which came out 3 years ago isn't much more expensive (has dcfc), I didn't think it was too big of a leap to think they could have gotten those specs for a little under 20k.
The One cost nearly $30K when it first came out.  I guess once they removed the Harley logo from the tank they were able to knock $8K off the MSRP but they got the money they expected or they likely wouldn't've cut the price.  Bear in mind it still costs about the same as an Energica that has FASTER DCFC capability AND L1 and L2 (albeit at only half the rate of an S/DS/SR/DSR with Charge Tank) capability.  The One only has DCFC and L1 capability making it practically useless for the majority of the free public charging stations available.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 05:15:19 AM »

The One cost nearly $30K when it first came out.  I guess once they removed the Harley logo from the tank they were able to knock $8K off the MSRP but they got the money they expected or they likely wouldn't've cut the price.  Bear in mind it still costs about the same as an Energica that has FASTER DCFC capability AND L1 and L2 (albeit at only half the rate of an S/DS/SR/DSR with Charge Tank) capability.  The One only has DCFC and L1 capability making it practically useless for the majority of the free public charging stations available.

Accurate statements there for sure.  At 22K if the One had 3kw charging (at least decent for a long lunch for example) and a little more battery, it'd be killer.  It's an excellent quality bike.  I'm sure the Del Mar will be to.  The stats just seem lacking comparatively.
Pages: [1] 2